By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: 2D Metroid, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, and Mario Party 2

Apparently Zippo also said BotW2 is nearing completion but is unlikely to hit for the holidays. Expects it to be revealed at E3 and have a Spring '22 launch date.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:

A new 2D Metroid and DK would make E3 for me

Same. I'd be absolutely crushed if neither of them were there. -_-

Dulfite said:

I believe he called PM coming out last year before it was even announced. I think Zippo has done some others as well but I'm not certain.

PM as in Paper Mario?

Yes, and none of us knew that game was even being made for sure and then they released it like two months later.

Dulfite said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Same. I'd be absolutely crushed if neither of them were there. -_-

Dulfite said:

I believe he called PM coming out last year before it was even announced. I think Zippo has done some others as well but I'm not certain.

PM as in Paper Mario?

Yes, and none of us knew that game was even being made for sure and then they released it like two months later.

Yeah, normally I hate rumors, but this guy is legit. :D

I'm honestly expecting the worst; 2D Metroid just a remake of Super instead of an actual new game and Jungle Beat 2 for DK.

If I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised but I am not getting my hopes high after Nintendo's many missteps over the last decade and penchant for endlessly repackaging old shit instead of making quality original content.

curl-6 said:

I'm honestly expecting the worst; 2D Metroid just a remake of Super instead of an actual new game and Jungle Beat 2 for DK.

If I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised but I am not getting my hopes high after Nintendo's many missteps over the last decade and penchant for endlessly repackaging old shit instead of making quality original content.

I would be sooooooo mad if it just ends up being a remake of Super Metroid. Super Metroid isn't even my favorite 2D Metroid game, but it does not need to be remade. It's fine as is. 

Now a sequel to Fusion that continues the storyline 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

I would be sooooooo mad if it just ends up being a remake of Super Metroid. Super Metroid isn't even my favorite 2D Metroid game, but it does not need to be remade. It's fine as is. 

Now a sequel to Fusion that continues the storyline 

Yeah if it's a new 2D Metroid I would be genuinely hyped and almost definitely buy it, but I'm worried because Nintendo seems obsessed with rehashing old games this gen.

Seems like the rumor (assuming the rumor is right) makes it pretty clear its a new game. Since the source says Nintendo is very happy with how it came out, hence not a remake.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Finally some rumours. I was growing upset E3 is just one month away and nobody was spreading them yet

2D Metroid was speculated since last year, I would love it. Hope it's a brand new game and not a remaster

There was rumours about remakes of Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance but they turned out to be fake. Fingers crossed for this to be true

New Donkey Kong would be nice, Nintendo always release great platformers 

Any Mario Party is big pass

These games don't need to be remade, they just need to be re-released in a way that people can actually buy them without mortgaging their house.

I don't believe it until I see it, but I really want to believe it.

Shaunodon said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Finally some rumours. I was growing upset E3 is just one month away and nobody was spreading them yet

2D Metroid was speculated since last year, I would love it. Hope it's a brand new game and not a remaster

There was rumours about remakes of Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance but they turned out to be fake. Fingers crossed for this to be true

New Donkey Kong would be nice, Nintendo always release great platformers 

Any Mario Party is big pass

These games don't need to be remade, they just need to be re-released in a way that people can actually buy them without mortgaging their house.

Almost all the good GameCube games these days command an arm and a leg. Even F-Zero is over $100 on Gamecube. Nintendo made a quality product that didn't sell well, but is loved by millions decades later.