By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: 2D Metroid, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, and Mario Party 2

I would cream to a Metroid 5. We need a Fusion sequel.

Around the Network
drbunnig said:

Other than Donkey Kong, can't say I'm all that interested in this rumour.

Seriously? ok i can understand that we've got fairly enough FE games especially on the 3DS, and that the last Mario Party left everybody underwhelmed being it the worst iteration quality wise.

But how can someone be uninterested in a new Metroid game? especially when it's a new 2D entry and not a remake or a remaster? That will mean that the story will resume from where we left it 20 FUCKIN YEARS BACK FROM NOW (well 19 tbf :p).

The only problem with such a title is that it'll cut probably the hype that has been built behind Metroid Prime 4, and will lead to reduce sales for both titles.

Anyways, someone can't just ignore a metroid title being on development (even though it's just a rumour).

I'll take all 4 please!

Signature goes here!

I'm down for all of that!

Hopefully all these are true.

Would be great to see Nintendo announce 2D Metroid at E3 with one of their classic "this will be out next month" announcements so that it'd help flesh out Switch's summer offerings.

Very happy to hear DK is 2D plus not another "Country" game. Nintendo knows the one 3D DK game was terrible, and the Country series is getting old at this point. Hopefully some fresh new gameplay concepts and a whole new feel to the DK series.

Super Mario Party 2 was obviously only a matter of time with the last one being super popular. This is an automatic 10 million seller.

If Nintendo can launch 2D Metroid, new DK, and SMP2 all this year, on top of what we already know about the next couple months, plus Pokemon for the holidays, and hopefully BotW2 for holidays as well then this is going to be a monster year for both software quality and sales in general.

Still waiting to hear about a new 2D Mario game! But if all this stuff comes this year then it makes sense to leave a mega selling 2D Mario game for next year.

Around the Network

I hope they're all true. If not, I won't trust Zippo anymore.

I want every one of these rumours to be true. This all sounds truly wonderful.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Sad that Donkey Kong is not 3D, would be interesting if made by Nintendo.

I remember the have been several claims of a 2D Metroid and something Fire Emblem related with the most notable being the person who back in December hinted at Pokemon and Splatoon news was coming in 2021. In the same tweet they also hinted at Metroid and FE with him using old SNES era art of Super Metroid and the same for FE. 

Fire Emblem, Metroid, and DK all in the same year? If this winds up being true then 2021 would be one of the best years for Switch bar none. I mean, we'd have four high quality Nintendo titles including Snap + a crapton of good 3rd party content. Please be true!