By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: 2D Metroid, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, and Mario Party 2

Oof, really didn't like the Metroid 2 remake so it being made my Mercurysteam is not promising for me ...

As for DK, could be good, but I'd rather have one from Retro so I know it'd be good. Hopeful it'll be nice though.

Around the Network

I'm dreaming to play a new 2D Metroid game since Fusion on the GBA, so I'm very excited and can't wait for this announcement!

A new DK game from the Super Mario Odyssey team? Well, given that SMO is in my opinion the *best 3D platformer ever*, a new Donkey Kong from EPD could easily become the best game in the series since Donkey Kong Country. Hyper-hyped here!

What about a new Fire Emblem? I hope it's a new game and not a sequel to Three Houses. While I enjoyed a lot the first Switch iteration of FE, I think it's not at the same level of FE Awakening, which in my opinion is still today the best game in the series. Anyway, I stay tuned for more news to come.

2021 is slowly but steady becoming a great year for gaming on the Switch, with several quality games already out (Monster Hunter Rise, Ghosts & Goblins Resurrection etc) and many highly-anticipated games on their way (Pokemon remakes, Bayonetta 3, Zelda BOTW 2, SMT V etc).

Last edited by JimmyFantasy - on 15 May 2021

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

I'm honestly expecting the worst; 2D Metroid just a remake of Super instead of an actual new game and Jungle Beat 2 for DK.

If I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised but I am not getting my hopes high after Nintendo's many missteps over the last decade and penchant for endlessly repackaging old shit instead of making quality original content.

I would be sooooooo mad if it just ends up being a remake of Super Metroid. Super Metroid isn't even my favorite 2D Metroid game, but it does not need to be remade. It's fine as is. 

Now a sequel to Fusion that continues the storyline 

I don't like Sakamoto. Maybe in a minor project the others developers can make something. Likewise, Fujibayashi makes on BoTW.

And the good side of this, maybe Metroid Prime 4 doesn't have this interference. 

heavenmercenary01 said:
drbunnig said:

Other than Donkey Kong, can't say I'm all that interested in this rumour.

Seriously? ok i can understand that we've got fairly enough FE games especially on the 3DS, and that the last Mario Party left everybody underwhelmed being it the worst iteration quality wise.

But how can someone be uninterested in a new Metroid game? especially when it's a new 2D entry and not a remake or a remaster? That will mean that the story will resume from where we left it 20 FUCKIN YEARS BACK FROM NOW (well 19 tbf :p).

The only problem with such a title is that it'll cut probably the hype that has been built behind Metroid Prime 4, and will lead to reduce sales for both titles.

Anyways, someone can't just ignore a metroid title being on development (even though it's just a rumour).

That is precisely why I am not interested in it. I'm tired of 2D/2.5D platformers/action games, regardless of the IP and story content. I'm glad for Metroid getting new games and happy for the people that will enjoy it, but even if its a masterpiece of a game I'm just tired of 2D. It's why I still haven't played Hollowknight, Celeste... and many other acclaimed 2D games. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I'd definitely be interested in FE and 2D Metroid. I've never actually tried out a 2D DK but I feel like I'd suck at them so not sure if I'd get a new one. Not interested in Mario Party.

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 17 May 2021