By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 18, 2021 - (Apr 26 - May 2)

Rises total in the region will now be 3.07m with digital. 

Around the Network

I predicted 130k and I worried I was being too optimistic...

scottslater said:

So NSW hardware sales continue to increase over last years totals... wonder if that "pandemic" bump theory still holds up...

Funny thing is everything is open in Japan since May 2020. That's why I facepalm is disbelief every time a japanese publishers use Covid as excuse for delaying their games for more than 2 or 3 months 

Bristow9091 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Funny thing is everything is open in Japan since May 2020. That's why I facepalm is disbelief every time a japanese publishers use Covid as excuse for delaying their games for more than 2 or 3 months 

... You know that covid is a thing outside of Japan too, right? o.O

That's why I was specific, japanese publisher 

Switch is up 200k+ YoY and the gap seems to be widening each week at this point. Switch is selling like of the DS's better years, but it is happening later in the Switch's life compared to the DS. I mean, Switch is going to hit 20m soon and it still has a ton of sales momentum left.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 10 May 2021

Around the Network

The Switch. Just. Does. Not. Peak. :^)

Bofferbrauer2 said:
SKMBlake said:

20+ million by the end of the month ?

There's generally a slump in sales after Goldenweek, but it's possible

Nah, normally your right but this year is different.A few releases for this slow month and a new color lite model. It needs a bit over 80k a week for 4weeks. Don’t be surprised if it dies it by May 23rd

Switch is killing it.
Don't want to be too optimistic yet but 7 million may be a reality this year.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:

Switch is killing it.
Don't want to be too optimistic yet but 7 million may be a reality this year.

It’s 50/50 right now. By shipment I see for the FY 8mil as a possibility. Either way shipments will exceed 6mil again

Switch is a monster. Making the epic 2020 hardware numbers just look bad.

Remember when the base weekly amount was like 40k-50k haha. Now 100k+ is pretty normal.