By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise shipped 6 million by the end of April. Lifetime sales expectations on Switch alone?

Monster Hunter Rise shipped 6 million by the end of April. Lifetime sales expectations on Switch alone?

Less than 7 million 16 2.36%

7.0 - 7.9 million 14 2.07%

8.0 - 8.9 million 47 6.94%

9.0 - 9.9 million 71 10.49%

10.0 - 10.9 million 176 26.00%

11.0 - 11.9 million 81 11.96%

12.0 - 12.9 million 88 13.00%

13.0 - 13.9 million 30 4.43%

14.0 - 15.0 million 40 5.91%

More than 15 million 114 16.84%

Total:677

Well in the thread for Switch + PC predictions I voted 15-20 mil, which I still stand by, so we're definitely at the high end of this scale. I'll say around 13 mil.

Bonus question: Not yet, I'll almost certainly play it eventually but I'm not really in a rush.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

More than 15 million.

I did not buy the game. Probably never will.

10 mil

I got it launch day (physical) and I really enjoy it (only been playing SP so far). It’s my first MH game.

Somewhere in the 12m - 13m range.

Bonus: Yes. Liked it a lot. Not as much as maybe MHW or MH4U, but I expect that may change as updates keep coming. As of now it feels limited in content.

I think 11.5-13m, with 12-12.5m being the range I believe in the most. Though, honestly, it seems like whenever I make a positive prediction about a game I specifically like a lot, it goes wrong

I think the expansion pack will boost the original game and make people buy it, either as a bundle or as the base game with the dlc being purchased later on, even if maybe not to the extent of the prior games (where their sales were doubled with re-releases). So if it ends it's first year with about 9m-10m sales, then I think it will gain a few million throughout the rest of it's life thanks to the marketing brought to the expansion along with just normal legs. 

Around the Network

10-12mil

Bonus: Yes and it's awesome. It's also my first Monster Hunter game.

I havent liked any of the games of this series. But this one is tempting me to try again.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

After hunting for numbers, 10 - 15mil final answer.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

I'll say around 11m, I see Japan being just under 50% of its sales. I also think Switch Pro will give it a good second wind in the west.

I always found it strange that Monster Hunter sells so much, was never a series for me.