By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS or PSP?

Which is better?

3DS 37 54.41%

PSP 31 45.59%

Total:68

Okay, so 3DS dominated the poll against Vita, but what about if we compare it to the stronger of Sony's two handheld efforts?

Which do you think is the better system, and why?

Around the Network

PSP has a bunch of Ys games and Macross games. Some great RPGs. Shmups. Mech games like Armored Core or Gunhound EX. PSP is one of the best handhelds ever and I still feel 3DS has the weakest library of any Nintendo handheld ever.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Still 3DS although it's much closer. PSP had a better library, but it doesn't have the better hardware this time. Still, Nintendo's first party offerings give 3DS the win.

PSP all the way.

The hardware might have been weaker than the 3DS but not by much. And the system had way more features that were ahead of its time.

Also the PSP has an awesome library of exclusives (or they were exclusive at the time).

Ridge Racer, MGS, GOW, COD, GTA, Burnout, GT, Daxter, Syphon Filter, Darkstalkers, Crisis Core, KH BBS, Lumines, Tekken. So many great memories. And it is still a sleek and sexy system, especially the 2000 model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

PSP had the games I wanted, supported non proprietary memory cards, allowed me to watch movies, have custom wallpapers, custom UI skins, allow me to play music and video files, as well as photos etc.

PSP was honestly a really good portable for it's time. I liked my 3DS for some of the titles, though I liked the DS more for it's backwards compat (which 3DS ended up dropping).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

The third party games and impactfulness if the graphics at the time make me give this to the PSP. Grand Theft Auto on the go was crazy to me at the time. The first party games on it also weren't half bad (both god of wars, resistance, killzone, syphon filter). That being said, a lot of the games weren't actually exclusive titles as they were on the PS2 as well. However, I would personally prefer playing them on the PSP.

Again 3DS, with pretty much the same answer as in the other thread.

I preferred the PSP. It was a great machine with some awesome utility. Back then (at launch circa 2005) smartphones were few and far in between and you could use it to browse the web, play music on top of playing games. When softmodded it really opened up with extra stuff like emulation; honestly, it felt amazing that you could whip out a SNES, Genesis or N64 game out of your pocket and even connect to the TV with AV out. Plus the games had me invest more time in it. I played GOW, GTA: China Town Wars, Tekken 5:Dark Resurection/6, KH:BBS, Ridge Racer, Persona 3 Portable etc etc and a lot of PSOne games on there.

On the hardware side PSP was better built, had quality normal sized buttons and a way better form factor. I really like the 3DS too but PSP was god tier in terms of portable gaming (for me).

Last edited by hinch - on 24 April 2021

PSP, probably my favorite handheld of all time, or close with the GBA. PSP has an underrated library and it's multimedia features were 2nd to none at the time.

Psp because of awesome games, even though console itself was poorly built, my umd drive broke down after a year.