By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Apr 4-10 - Switch Sells 455K, PS5 Sells 200K, XS Sells 98K

Switch is still selling like hot breads.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Around the Network
Agente42 said:
curl-6 said:

Switch in Asia = more than three times every other system combined, holy moly.

Guess the rest of the region falls closely in line in Japan's trends.

Media Create top 5 in Hong Kong and Corea almost has only Switch games. 

Dominate Japan Market maybe is the key to East Asia. 

You mean Taiwan? We get Taiwan top 5, but I haven't seen Hong Kong top 5.

Kakadu18 said:
Agente42 said:

Media Create top 5 in Hong Kong and Corea almost has only Switch games. 

Dominate Japan Market maybe is the key to East Asia. 

You mean Taiwan? We get Taiwan top 5, but I haven't seen Hong Kong top 5.

yeah... you re right.

siebensus4 said:

After the good launch of the new Xbox I thought that it would be a closer race between PS5 and Xbox Series. The sales of the last weeks suggest that we have a 2:1 ratio in favor of PS5. Sure, everyone struggles with shortages, but I get the feeling that we don't see such a close competition like with PS3/X360, which I have expected.

Gap will only increase even more in the next upcoming months.

Amazon USA dropped a 50K stock between disc and digital PS5 consoles last night, and rumours are that they will increase WW stock levels starting from next month 

Aside of USA and Maybe UK, the rest of the world seems to have Series S in stock. 

Microsoft seem to have misjudged the market in terms of how much demand there would be for the X versus the S, just as Nintendo initially did with the Switch Lite. People seem to prefer to pay more for the superior model than get a cut down cheaper one.

Around the Network

Hopefully the arrival of Halo Infinite later this year will cement XS's lead over Xbone, and their enlarged first party studio base will result in less first party droughts than Xbone suffered. A healthy Xbox is good for the industry as competition drives improvement. 

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Hopefully the arrival of Halo Infinite later this year will cement XS's lead over Xbone, and their enlarged first party studio base will result in less first party droughts than Xbone suffered. A healthy Xbox is good for the industry as competition drives improvement. 

Halo Infinite is looking a lot better in recent screenshots with the graphics and technical issues getting fixed. Rumors also point to Forza Horizon 5 and Starfield coming out this year. 

That would be a decent 2021 lineup if Infinite can overcome the pitfalls of Halo 5 and return to the level of quality the franchise had on the original Xbox and 360.

Series X and S are on track to sell 10 million units this year. The Xbox 360 did not sell 10 million units in a single year until its sixth year on the market.

I'm looking at the Xbox One data, and in its best year - 2015 - , that console sold 5.47 million units between September and December. Series X and S are ahead of the Xbox One in 2015 by a good margin so far, so assuming they can sell 6 million units between September and December this year - I'm being conservative here because of the lack of stock and production problems - , they would have to sell 4 million units between January and September to sell 10 million consoles in all of 2021. They have sold 1.5 million so far, so they should reach 4 million before September no problem.

Beyond 2021, Series X and S might also surpass the best year in terms of hardware sold for an Xbox console ever: 2011, when the Xbox 360 sold 13.94 million units.

Global sales after 22 weeks in the market:

Xbox 360: 2.79 million
Xbox One: 4.15 million
Xbox Series X/S: 4.53 million

If Microsoft cannot increase production much this year (in order to sell say 11 or 12 million consoles in 2021 instead of 10), then they should delay Starfield, Forza Horizon 5, Wolfenstein 3 or any other exclusive AAA games planned for 2021 that are not called Halo Infinite until next year, when production will have increased and the current chip manufacturing crisis is expected to come to an end.

mk7sx said:

Extrapolated ranges from ResetEra prediction results (Donny who runs the thread has actuals but cannot disclose them). @trunkswd 

937k < Switch < 985k

473k < PS5

234k < XBS < 330k

VGChartz estimates pre-adjustment:

NSW - 879,121

PS5 - 396,095

XBS - 252,046

Hopefully we get concrete leaks one day, but the above is the best we have so far.  Crazy month for PS5 and NSW.

Unless Nintendo's numbers next week lead to adjustments down in ROTW/Europe, the above basically confirms that NSW 2021 Q1 is the largest non-holiday quarter of all time with a minimum of 5,938K (and max of 5,990K), ahead of NSW 2020 Q2 @ 5,932K.

Last edited by mk7sx - on 28 April 2021