By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Update: Square Enix Releases Statement | Bloomberg Japan: Several parties interested in acquiring Square Enix

Don't really care as long the company keeps being a 3rd party with freedom when it's come to developing games and what platforms they support/release their games 

Fully supporting if it means getting a Chrono Trigger sequel or remake XD

Hope it's not Microsoft though, I have no intention to buy any Xbox in my life and it will suck hard for me to mount expensive PCs to keeping playing Square games

Around the Network

I'd ather they stay the way they are, but if someone needs to buy them I would lean Nintendo to keep the hope alive of them one day making Super Mario rpg 2. I doubt Nintendo would make a major purchase like that so I wouldn't completely hate it if Sony bought them.

Nintendo and Microsoft have become pretty chummy lately. I could see Microsoft jumping on this and playing nice with Nintendo, but I have my doubts.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Xbox x SQE would be a great fit, would even force nintendo to accept xcloud on switch.

Would be like Bethesda take 2, with sony getting the timed hats but MS getting the whole thing.

Does any gaming company but MS even have the funds to buy them?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE! STOP IT!

Leave them the fuck alone. If it has to be just don't be ANY console maker. FUCK THAT!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I think it’s either Microsoft or Tencent. But honestly I want Square to remain independent, they seem so be doing fine financially.

I want to bet nothing will come out of this.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

But the question is... is squaresoft for sale? Of course a hostile takeover can happen but I wonder if squaresoft actually wants to be sold.

The best scenario here is for SE being sold to MS. MS then will make a sweet deal with Sony where they would stop making hardware and Game Pass becomes a permanent addition in Sony consoles, Sony TVs, PC, and other devices via xcloud.

Win-win for everyone. We enjoy Game Pass and play Sony's 1st party hits.