By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Well latest report from MS confirms. 3rd party software sales are down. This nonsense of xbox sales more digital is debunked by MS themselves

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:

Well latest report from MS confirms. 3rd party software sales are down. This nonsense of xbox sales more digital is debunked by MS themselves

Do you have the source? I want to take a lot in the report 

IcaroRibeiro said:
eva01beserk said:

declines from 3rd party titles, which is logical : gamepass

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Wasnt B4B on gamepass?
Either way I stand by what Ive said earlier. GP is likely affecting software sales.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

eva01beserk said:

GP is likely the main reason but Id say the Bethesda acquisition as well. All those sales would now be considered first party, or are gone completely since they are on GP.

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
eva01beserk said:

Its in the front page

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

kirby007 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

declines from 3rd party titles, which is logical : gamepass

Well yes. That's what everyone is saying. Its only logical. But some here bought into the PR spin that third party sells more after being on gamepass.

brute said:
eva01beserk said:

GP is likely the main reason but Id say the Bethesda acquisition as well. All those sales would now be considered first party, or are gone completely since they are on GP.

Definetly. 

LMAO so much for Gamepass does not tank software sales.

Btw the idea Xbox has a far bigger digital ratio than Playstation and so physical sales don't matter has been DEBUNKED a while ago.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-01-08-43-million-games-sold-in-the-uk-in-2020-uk-annual-report

"If we purely look at digital sales, PS4 had a 41% market share, ahead of Xbox One's 26%."

That's 62% skew for PS4 in digital only, very similar to the physical skews.

People just choose to ignore reality.

User moderated - Bristow9091

Last edited by Bristow9091 - on 30 October 2021

62% of sales is in line with the consoles total sales split.

And its fairly obvious GP would affect sales.
There is a hugr catalog of games to choose from monthly. Not sure I would buy many games if I had GP.
Microsoft wont mind the lowered software sales as long as the revenue from GP remained high