By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It remains to be seen if GP can replace Xbox's loss in software sales.

And of course MS minds. PS getting 70-80% of software sales and their MTX and DLC sales, is domination unseen since the PS2 days. It allows PS to have the biggest userbase for nearly every game, which they can use to buy more exclusives.

Around the Network

Another metric to show Xbox's unprecedented loss of software sales

This includes digital so thats no longer an excuse.

2020: 63:37
2021: 66:34
6% swing in one year

src said:

6% swing in one year

What exactly does this mean?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

what is the total PS5 and Series hardware sales in the UK?

That 6% is less then the 37% increase in gamepass

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
src said:

6% swing in one year

Ubisoft revenue by platform.

2014:

• PS contributed 33% (PS4 9%, PS3 24%)
  • XB contributed 33% (XB1 6%, 360 27%)

2020:

• PS 37%, XB 19%

In one generation MS went from having more software sales to know getting outsold 2:1. An outstanding 17% swing. Won't be long till Sony has 80% of all third party software sold on consoles at this rate.

src said:
eva01beserk said:

Ubisoft revenue by platform.

2014:

• PS contributed 33% (PS4 9%, PS3 24%)
  • XB contributed 33% (XB1 6%, 360 27%)

2020:

• PS 37%, XB 19%

In one generation MS went from having more software sales to know getting outsold 2:1. An outstanding 17% swing. Won't be long till Sony has 80% of all third party software sold on consoles at this rate.

Now I see. Thats interesting. I think we are already there. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Even if a game is 80/20 in physical sales (let's assume 75/25 w/ digital) for PS vs Xbox a publisher may still see it as good enough. Porting to Xbox from PS or PC from what I understand is extremely easy and cost effective. PS has very similar hardware and Microsoft has Direct X for easy console and PC porting. So the cost of porting is very low, so let's say Tales of Arise needs 20k sales on Xbox to cover the porting costs, and it sells 100k. That would be totally worth it for Bandai Namco.

I think this is the reason we're seeing a lot of big Japanese games now coming to Xbox when during the Xbox One era some games skipped it. Game development costs are going up so adding more platforms will help with making that money back. As I stated above, porting to Xbox is just very cost effective. I think that is the reason some games aren't going to Switch. Porting costs for Switch are a lot higher for these bigger budget games, so they need to sell more to make that money back, especially since it's been proven Switch owners mainly go for physical games which gives publishers less money than digital. So for these publishers it just makes more sense to have an Xbox version over a Switch version.

eva01beserk said:
kirby007 said:

declines from 3rd party titles, which is logical : gamepass

Well yes. That's what everyone is saying. Its only logical. But some here bought into the PR spin that third party sells more after being on gamepass.

What you meant to say is some people here believe the multiple devs who have come out and said their games sold more copies after being in GamePass. I’m sure you are privy to more info than them though. Not sure why you’d try to connect that to overall third party sales.

Guardians of the Galaxy 63% on ps5 alone.

Maybe it has nothing to do with gamepass effect. 

simply that xbs is not selling as well as we think.

"63% of launch sales were on PS5, 19% on PS4 and 18% on Xbox."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-11-01-guardians-of-the-galaxy-and-mario-party-cant-defeat-fifa-uk-boxed-charts