By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MLB The Show 21 coming to GamePass day one

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/04/02/mlb-the-show-21-coming-to-xbox-game-pass-day-one/

Pretty unexpected and big news. Can make sense for Sony, they do load the game with micro transactions.

Bean me if old.

Around the Network

Well, that's... interesting.

Brilliant move to introduce the Xbox fanbase to a new franchise on the console.

Are the MLB games fun? I find baseball to be a snooze fest but I’ll give it a shot if it’s fun to play.

jason1637 said:

Are the MLB games fun? I find baseball to be a snooze fest but I’ll give it a shot if it’s fun to play.

Imho no. If you aren’t into baseball, the game won’t sway you. I rarely buy The Show but when I do I typically sim through some franchise seasons trying to turn the Rangers into a contender and then I am done. 

Around the Network

Sony is telling journalists they had nothing to do with the GamePass deal and it was entirely MLB/Papa Phil. That’s extremely surprising imho. Sony must have given up a lot of control to be able to continue making MLB games.

Will this come to pc Gamepass? If so I'm pumped!

Dulfite said:

Will this come to pc Gamepass? If so I'm pumped!

Nope, the game is only on consoles (Xbox and PlayStation), no PC version.  I am pretty disappointed, as my consoles are a PS5 and an Xbox One S.  I don't really want to pay full price just to try it out, so I'll probably end up playing this on the One S.

Oh so you totally expected Sony to cuck out entirely and give up all control on one of their flagship franchises on a competing platform? To create a huge value discrepancy between the game on PS vs Xbox? A vast majority of people didn’t see that coming judging from the response to the GamePass news. Everyone said Sony surely had a say in the deal.

Is having the MLB lisence very important to this series or...? If not, Sony could just drop it and make it exclusive again.