By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which XBOX 360 model is your favorite and why?

Which XBOX 360 design is your favorite?

XBOX 360 Original 6 26.09%

XBOX 360 S 15 65.22%

XBOX 360 E 2 8.70%

Total:23

I like all three, but the S wins out for me by the narrowest of margins due to being sleeker than the Pro/Elite and less plain than the E model.

Around the Network

The S model. I still have mine back home.

Gonna be the slim for me, even though the one I owned was the white OG console.

I did not even know there was a 3rd "super slim" model.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Felt compelled to fire up my S over the last week even though almost all of the (good) games I have are playable on the Xbox One. I have the original version and the S but I kinda want the last version. It looks pretty sweet.

S. One of the best-looking consoles ever made. The matte black is perfect as I hate glossy finishes.  I liked the OG 360 in second place. It was cool looking for it's time and I do love faceplates.  Had kinda Dreamcast 2 look to it for me. The E model is hot trash. Discount Xbox One and Xbox One is one of the worst looking consoles ever.

Last edited by Leynos - on 29 March 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

S model, I loved the glossy version especially. Gorgeous console. I didn't like the look of the E console.

I owned 2 models of the XBox 360 (original and Slim). The Slim was my favorite, because it was WiFi enabled and was not prone to the Red Ring of Death. Between my brother and myself, we had 3 original XBox 360's go down to RROD. My Slim still works to this day, and yes I still use it.

Ironically, my current 360 is a second hand fat model as a gift from my brother because he took apart our old one that red-ringed to try and fix it and couldn't put it back together again, and yet despite being both an older model and pre-owned when we got it, it has worked flawlessly for nearly a decade now, which is longer than either of our two PS3s has lasted. 

yo33331 said:
curl-6 said:

Ironically, my current 360 is a second hand fat model as a gift from my brother because he took apart our old one that red-ringed to try and fix it and couldn't put it back together again, and yet despite being both an older model and pre-owned when we got it, it has worked flawlessly for nearly a decade now, which is longer than either of our two PS3s has lasted. 

What revision ? Do you know ?

My PS3 FAT, and 360 Elite(Jasper V2 a.k.a. Kronos) both are in super shape, very quiet and working flawlessly (last summer I was playing on both with 15hours sessions on open window in 40°C and they both didn't break a sweat. The PS3 become just a little bit louder however still not too loud ( After that I checked this loudness on the webman app where I switched manual the fan control, and the loudness level was equal to around 40% force of the Fans, so very far from 100%)

The PS3 I have from 2009, and the 360 from 2011(late forgotten Jasper unit), both brand new.

No idea what revision, it's just a matte black 360 fat. How do you even tell?

yo33331 said:
curl-6 said:

No idea what revision, it's just a matte black 360 fat. How do you even tell?

By the date and the voltage on the back..

Well fuck me sideways, I checked the back and it's an S model, it's been so long since I saw the fat irl that I thought it was one just cos it was matte instead of glossy. (All the photos of the S model I've seen online were glossy)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 29 March 2021