By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which XBOX 360 model is your favorite and why?

Which XBOX 360 design is your favorite?

XBOX 360 Pro/Elite [FAT] 6 26.09%

XBOX 360 S [Slim] 15 65.22%

XBOX 360 E [SuperSlim] 2 8.70%

Total:23
Shadow1980 said:

I've only ever owned the "fat" model. I bought my 360 back in 2007, ahead of the release of Halo 3. It died on me twice, the first time some time in either 2008 or the first half of 2009, and the second time in July 2011. The one I received after the second servicing has worked flawlessly since then. Not a single issue in nearly ten years.

What model you received after the second servicing ? what motherboard

Around the Network
yo33331 said:
Shadow1980 said:

I've only ever owned the "fat" model. I bought my 360 back in 2007, ahead of the release of Halo 3. It died on me twice, the first time some time in either 2008 or the first half of 2009, and the second time in July 2011. The one I received after the second servicing has worked flawlessly since then. Not a single issue in nearly ten years.

What model you received after the second servicing ? what motherboard

From what I've read on how to identify them (without disassembly), it appears to be a Falcon.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Ironically, my current 360 is a second hand fat model as a gift from my brother because he took apart our old one that red-ringed to try and fix it and couldn't put it back together again, and yet despite being both an older model and pre-owned when we got it, it has worked flawlessly for nearly a decade now, which is longer than either of our two PS3s has lasted. 

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Ironically, my current 360 is a second hand fat model as a gift from my brother because he took apart our old one that red-ringed to try and fix it and couldn't put it back together again, and yet despite being both an older model and pre-owned when we got it, it has worked flawlessly for nearly a decade now, which is longer than either of our two PS3s has lasted. 

What revision ? Do you know ?

My PS3 FAT(08 model, the better FATs with the revised, smaller 65/65nm chipsets), and 360 Elite(Jasper V2 a.k.a. Kronos) both are in super shape, very quiet and working flawlessly (last summer I was playing on both with 15hours sessions on open window in 40°C and they both didn't break a sweat. The PS3 become just a little bit louder however still not too loud ( After that I checked this loudness on the webman app where I switched manual the fan control, and the loudness level was equal to around 40% force of the Fans, so very far from 100%)

The PS3 I have from 2009, and the 360 from 2011(late forgotten Jasper unit), both brand new.

Last edited by yo33331 - on 29 March 2021

yo33331 said:
curl-6 said:

My PS3 FAT, and 360 Elite(Jasper V2 a.k.a. Kronos) both are in super shape, very quiet and working flawlessly (last summer I was playing on both with 15hours sessions on open window in 40°C and they both didn't break a sweat. The PS3 become just a little bit louder however still not too loud ( After that I checked this loudness on the webman app where I switched manual the fan control, and the loudness level was equal to around 40% force of the Fans, so very far from 100%)

The PS3 I have from 2009, and the 360 from 2011(late forgotten Jasper unit), both brand new.

No idea what revision, it's just a matte black 360 fat. How do you even tell?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
yo33331 said:

My PS3 FAT, and 360 Elite(Jasper V2 a.k.a. Kronos) both are in super shape, very quiet and working flawlessly (last summer I was playing on both with 15hours sessions on open window in 40°C and they both didn't break a sweat. The PS3 become just a little bit louder however still not too loud ( After that I checked this loudness on the webman app where I switched manual the fan control, and the loudness level was equal to around 40% force of the Fans, so very far from 100%)

By the date and the voltage on the back..

yo33331 said:
curl-6 said:

Well fuck me sideways, I checked the back and it's an S model, it's been so long since I saw the fat irl that I thought it was one just cos it was matte instead of glossy. (All the photos of the S model I've seen online were glossy)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 29 March 2021

curl-6 said:
yo33331 said:

Well fuck me sideways, I checked the back and it's an S model, it's been so long since I saw the fat irl that I thought it was one just cos it was matte instead of glossy. (All the photos of the S model I've seen online were glossy)

Well, there were matte and glossy slims, the 4GB ones were matte and the glossy ones were the 250GB or 320GB models.

yo33331 said:
curl-6 said:

Well, there were matte and glossy slims, the 4GB ones were matte and the glossy ones were the 250GB or 320GB models.

Mine's matte but I think it's the 250GB version, apparently those were matte too starting in mid-2011. I also have an E model bagged up in my cupboard as a replacement ready to go as I anticipated that the one I use would die after a few years.

I'll go with the fat 360 as it's the only one I had I got it back around summer 2008 and it survived a fire and never rrod'd on me. It stopped working around 2013 because of the disk drive and I never bothered repairing it