By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima Sales Top 6.5 Million Units. Samurai-Yakuza-Games in the west?

fun, addicting, pretty game...story was a bit meh.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
crissindahouse said:

That some of their games sell much better as they would from most other developers but still not as good as the average Nintendo game. Blizzard as example could be also mentioned but not sure if they have still that status. 

Aside of Splatoon, can you point out which New IP from Nintendo have similar sales to this one in the last 10-15 years?

Because the best selling titles even on the Switch are the same franchises (Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, AC) and now Splatoon.

Just asking for a friend. 

Not sure why you ask me that when I never mentioned new IPs. Hope your friend understands that

crissindahouse said:
kazuyamishima said:

Aside of Splatoon, can you point out which New IP from Nintendo have similar sales to this one in the last 10-15 years?

Because the best selling titles even on the Switch are the same franchises (Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, AC) and now Splatoon.

Not sure why you ask me that when I never mentioned new IPs. Hope your friend understands that

I usually see a lot of people saying Nintendo games usually sell well, but I just pointed out which franchises. Since this game is a new IP, hence the question. 

kazuyamishima said:
crissindahouse said:

That some of their games sell much better as they would from most other developers but still not as good as the average Nintendo game. Blizzard as example could be also mentioned but not sure if they have still that status. 

Ring Fit Adventure. It's outsold GoT and will by a great deal more when all is said and done.

Splatoon like you mentioned.

Wii Sports Series

Wii Fit Series

Wii Play/Party/Music

If we go slightly past 15 years you get Nintendogs and Brain age.

All games which have sold way more than GoT.

There is also Tomodachi which is close to it in sales.

But that question isnt fair to GoT as it diminishes what it has accomplished which is fantastic sales for a fantastic game.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
kazuyamishima said:

Ring Fit Adventure. It's outsold GoT and will by a great deal more when all is said and done.

Splatoon like you mentioned.

Wii Sports Series

Wii Fit Series

Wii Play/Party/Music

If we go slightly past 15 years you get Nintendogs and Brain age.

All games which have sold way more than GoT.

There is also Tomodachi which is close to it in sales.

But that question isnt fair to GoT as it diminishes what it has accomplished which is fantastic sales for a fantastic game.

Oh you’re right, I forgot about the casual/peripheral stuff. 

Yeah, was just pointing out about the great achievement of GOT. 

Around the Network

Do we have updated figures for TLOU2? With GOT at 6.5M I believe TLOU2 should be at least at 10 million.

Sucker punch did a great job with this game. Really fun game. Just wish stealth was a bit more difficult.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:

Sucker punch did a great job with this game. Really fun game. Just wish stealth was a bit more difficult.

I played the samurai route so very rarely I would be stealth, at most would do the basic to approach the enemies and finish the first group so it didn`t become too harsh.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dgc1808 said:

oh yeah. Its my dreamgame, now. The best open world and samurai-game of all time for me.

the question for the samurai yakuza games is: Remakes or good Remasters ? i want both in the west :)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 14 April 2021

I am very glad that the sales are high. Provides hope for similar projects in the future