By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise Reviews: 87 Metacritic / 87 Opencritic

Nice. Looking good so far

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Link_Nines.XBC said:
Mar1217 said:

Sadly, I'll have to wait a bit before I grab this one simply cuz I have to shorten my actual backlog of current games I'm playing before I can even think to accept another one.

But it certainly looks like my third round in MH will be a good time :D

This is my situation too

Anyway, not surprised this is getting great reviews.

I had to put in quite some hours the past weekend to finish up my first route in Fire Emblem Three Houses so that my backlog felt a little less crowded.

On another note I'm not sure how I feel about the one liners but I'll try to not judge before I actually play the game

Nice, looking forward to playing :)

Looking forward to unwrapping my collectors edition!

Here are Metascores from past MH games.

MH Freedom (PSP) 71
MH Freedom 2 (PSP) 72
MH Freedom Unite (PSP) 81
MH 3 Ultimate (3DS) 79
MH 4 Ultimate (3DS) 86
MH Generations (3DS) 85
MH World (PS4: 90, PC: 88, XB1: 90)

So far, it looks like this rating is on the high end, but it is a little below MH World.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 24 March 2021

Around the Network
Apkopf said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

This is my situation too

Anyway, not surprised this is getting great reviews.

I had to put in quite some hours the past weekend to finish up my first route in Fire Emblem Three Houses so that my backlog felt a little less crowded.

On another note I'm not sure how I feel about the one liners but I'll try to not judge before I actually play the game

Just finished a ridiculously long Three Houses playthrough myself. Tip: don't recruit 27 units at once.

Mar1217 said:
Shaunodon said:

Just finished a ridiculously long Three Houses playthrough myself. Tip: don't recruit 27 units at once.

Training sessions and skirmishes(to grind your levels) must be sooooooo tedious with this many characters at once 

It literally came down to the last auxiliary battle for getting all the supports to max.

As much as I will love this game, I can't play it. I'm still picking away at Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on my 3DS, after three years. As much as I tell myself it's OK to quit and move onto other games, there are hundreds of games in my backlog just waiting to be played, I don't have to prove anything to anyone, I've gotten more than a thousand hours worth of enjoyment and frustration out of it, and so on, I just can't stop... I have to finish crafting every single set of armor and weapon for my class, no matter how small the odds of getting those rare drops...

Somebody please help me...

burninmylight said:

As much as I will love this game, I can't play it. I'm still picking away at Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on my 3DS, after three years. As much as I tell myself it's OK to quit and move onto other games, there are hundreds of games in my backlog just waiting to be played, I don't have to prove anything to anyone, I've gotten more than a thousand hours worth of enjoyment and frustration out of it, and so on, I just can't stop... I have to finish crafting every single set of armor and weapon for my class, no matter how small the odds of getting those rare drops...

Somebody please help me...

Its over. You are lost forever. 

Having fun with the game. The MTX in it is fairly light and cheap. No $10 skins here. Some of the stuff you can buy is just ridiculous. Who the heck needs a shaggy Palamute skin? Or the voice of a couple storyline characters? Still kinda annoyed by the MTX being in the game, but it's not insanely predatory like Gears 5 or MK11.

I do miss the guidebug for certain things such as hunting down ore. But also happy it was taken out so I don't have glowing bugs in my face all game long. If only they were in the game, but had an off switch.

I love how the gunlance can be aimed up while charging a shot. The wirebug is really hard to get used to but it definitely gives melee players the ability to attack flying monsters more often. Being able to launch into the air, and then fire four mid-air gunlance shots to stay airborne is great.

Also loving the additions to mounting monsters. So much fun to force two monsters to fight!