By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 and PS Vita stores no longer closing

That's awesome news!! Just another example of why you shouldn't blindly praise a corporation. When they do something you don't like, express yourself. It's their job to keep us happy as consumers

Around the Network

I`m sure that now all the people that were upset will buy a lot from the PS3 and mainly PSVita store right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Alright, so you won. I challenge you all to buy games on the PSVita and PS3. Or hell, even play them. Oh, wait, I guarantee none of you are actually going to do that. and no, don't bother correcting me, I know you're lying or just being contrarian.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Darwinianevolution said:
GoOnKid said:

Sony: We are happy to announce that we will shut down PS Stores for PS3 and Vita so we can focus on our new hardware! Hooray!

-Backlash occurs-

Sony: We are happy to announce that we will no longer be shutting it down because y'all are living in the past! Hooray!

They should be more responsible with their digital platforms anyway. Who's going to buy a digital only platform like, say, the PS5 digital model, if they start hearing stories about digital stores closing and patches (or even entire games) ending up completely unaccessible? That's why you invest in physical.

The store closure would prevent new purchases not redownload of the content. And that is like 14 years after the system started selling so nothing outrageous.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

GoOnKid said:

Sony: We are happy to announce that we will shut down PS Stores for PS3 and Vita so we can focus on our new hardware! Hooray!

-Backlash occurs-

Sony: We are happy to announce that we will no longer be shutting it down because y'all are living in the past! Hooray!

Better than the present.

Runa216 said:

Alright, so you won. I challenge you all to buy games on the PSVita and PS3. Or hell, even play them. Oh, wait, I guarantee none of you are actually going to do that. and no, don't bother correcting me, I know you're lying or just being contrarian.

Shaunodon rated The Legend of Dragoon (PSN)

I don't think you know people as well as you claim to.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
GoOnKid said:

-Backlash occurs-

Better than the present.

Runa216 said:

You evaluating a game 1 year ago proves you are buying plenty of stuff on PS3 or PSN now?

And well if you like to live in the past you can keep the things you had in the past.

Darwinianevolution said:
GoOnKid said:

-Backlash occurs-

They should be more responsible with their digital platforms anyway. Who's going to buy a digital only platform like, say, the PS5 digital model, if they start hearing stories about digital stores closing and patches (or even entire games) ending up completely unaccessible? That's why you invest in physical.

I agree!

DonFerrari said:

I`m sure that now all the people that were upset will buy a lot from the PS3 and mainly PSVita store right?

I think the market for older games is big enough. Retro gaming never goes out of fashion.

Shaunodon said:
GoOnKid said:

-Backlash occurs-

Better than the present.

Runa216 said:

The present sure has an uphill battle, though. So many classics to play, so little time in a life.

DonFerrari said:

Runa216 said:

Are you guys for real? It sounds like you're mad that Sony changed their mind about this. Did you want these stores to close?

I love people who downplay people's want to play Classic Games on this site, it is fricken hilarious. It is like people ignore the obvious demand in the market for retro games, retro consoles, retro devices that can play said games.

Runa216 said:

I'm an anomaly but I've literally just played Zelda Twilight Princess on Wii U this morning, Prince of Persia 2008 on PS3 an hour or two ago, and Geometry Wars on Xbox 360 a few minutes ago. I don't know if it shows up in my PS3 activity but you can see my last several Xbox games in my sig which should include TMNT 1989 and Geometry Wars on Xbox 360.

I love the 7th gen. In fact, last week, I just bought a new 22 inch 1080p TV just for those old consoles. If only I could figure out a way to get my old exclusive Prince of Persia skins from ubisoft's U-Play service back on my PS3...

It's really a great system. I was surprised to see the browser still works and I even downloaded some new custom themes from that website directly to the console. Gonna finish Metal Gear Rising on PS3 this week.