By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 and PS Vita stores no longer closing

This is why it's important to voice concerns. Love 180s

Around the Network

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

OMG really great news

Great news! Hopefully they can listen about backwards compatability next?

Great news. I'm glad I no longer have an August deadline for Vita purchases.

Fingers crossed that Sony adds some PS1, PS2, and PS3 games for purchase or streaming on PS5. Legacy content is important, after all.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

I'm surprised Sony walked this back lol.

Sony: We are happy to announce that we will shut down PS Stores for PS3 and Vita so we can focus on our new hardware! Hooray!

-Backlash occurs-

Sony: We are happy to announce that we will no longer be shutting it down because y'all are living in the past! Hooray!

twintail

dx11332sega said:

update 3 in op

Did we just convinced Jim Ryan to not close the stores? amazing day for the gaming community.

I think this is just a delay. There was probably a big enough surge in purchases for them to reconsider. But once those purchases die down to nothing again, it's just going to be the same situation. 

This decision was most likely due to the future law cases that were coming their way from developers still supporting the platforms and had little to no notice of the closure.

GoOnKid said:

Sony: We are happy to announce that we will shut down PS Stores for PS3 and Vita so we can focus on our new hardware! Hooray!

-Backlash occurs-

Sony: We are happy to announce that we will no longer be shutting it down because y'all are living in the past! Hooray!

They should be more responsible with their digital platforms anyway. Who's going to buy a digital only platform like, say, the PS5 digital model, if they start hearing stories about digital stores closing and patches (or even entire games) ending up completely unaccessible? That's why you invest in physical.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Good for them. Now they just need to have some sales from time to time in order to make me buy something. It's been years since the last big sale for Vita and PS3...