By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Rob Zombie to direct Munsters reboot

[SOURCE]

Universal has snagged Rob Zombie to helm their upcoming new movie based on The Munsters. Neither Zombie nor Universal has commented on the rumors.

That said, if you know Zombie, you know he’s a super fan of all things Munsters. So this news makes a bit of sense to me. What do you think? Let us know!

Murphy’s Multiverse reports that production is set to kick off in Budapest in early May. Sheri Moon Zombie has reportedly been cast as Lily Munster, while Jeff Daniel Phillips (The Lords of Salem, 3 from Hell) will play Herman. Daniel Roebuck and Richard Brake have also been cast in undisclosed roles along with Jorge Garcia (Lost) and Cassandra Peterson (Elvira, Mistress of the Dark).

I'll keep a careful eye on this one. I know his last few movies have been, for lack of a better word, not very good (I liked House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects, but 31, his Halloween remakes and 3 From Hell left a LOT to be desired, hell, 3FH shouldn't have even happened), but I'd like to see RZ step out of his usual edgy fare for a change. People are naturally worried that he'll make an R-rated reboot of a kid's show, but he's a huge fan of the series (his Dragula music video draws a lot of inspirations from Munsters) and Eli Roth did make a family-friendly film recently, so who's to say RZ couldn't do the same?

Great choice of music for The Devil's Rejects' ending BTW, Kingsman: the Secret Service also used that song for the awesome church scene.

Around the Network

Terrible director, but good luck to him. I do like his musical efforts though especially White Zombie.

He can't direct a movie anymore to save his life. House of 1000 Corpses is honestly a super iconic horror film that pays great homage to films like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. But like you said, his last few films have been just dreadful. Honestly, and RIP Sid Haig, but 3 From Hell was so awful that it heavily changed my outlook on Rob as a director.

He is a bad director, and a twisted individual.

oof

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
TheTitaniumNub said:

He can't direct a movie anymore to save his life. House of 1000 Corpses is honestly a super iconic horror film that pays great homage to films like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. But like you said, his last few films have been just dreadful. Honestly, and RIP Sid Haig, but 3 From Hell was so awful that it heavily changed my outlook on Rob as a director.

And there was literally 0 reason for it to be made. Like I said, there's no way in hell the Firefly's should've survived that shootout at the end of The Devil's Rejects, the cops shot the fuck out of 'em. It's clear Rob had nowhere else to take them nor should they have warranted another movie, yet here we are. And to make matters worse, they had to cover for Sid Haig's death (R.I.P.) by having Cap Spaulding get the death penalty when the other two were just as involved and just as guilty as he was, yet they got life, it makes no sense, but then again, the quality of RZ's movies has dropped substantially since TDR, so this shouldn't come as much of a surprise.