By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which post-NES console introduced the best new Nintendo franchises?

I choose...

SNES 18 29.51%

N64 22 36.07%

Gamecube 6 9.84%

Wii 11 18.03%

Wii U 1 1.64%

Switch 3 4.92%

Total:61

For me, it is a toss up between Wii and Switch. Both Astral Chain and Xenoblade have blown me away.

If I had to lean one way, Xenoblade had the bigger impact.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I hope in the remainder of the Switch's lifespan we get more new first party IPs, I feel like it has yet to have a real top shelf one like Splatoon or Xenoblade.

Personally I'm hoping Monolith Soft's mystery game they've been working on since 2017 could be that game.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

N64 had Smash and Animal Crossing, SNES had Mario Kart, F Zero ,and Starfox . The latter 2 died as franchise I loved more Than N64 , I prefer SNES over N64 franchises but, So far , current SNES franchise is gone excluding Mario Kart and dk.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

The gamecube ez for me. Based on what u have listed here id say u forgot starfox adventures, warioworld and metroid prime on the cube. Im sure some will argue thwir not new ips, but we still get both 3d and 2d metroids to this day (eventually. Sigh)

curl-6 said:

I hope in the remainder of the Switch's lifespan we get more new first party IPs, I feel like it has yet to have a real top shelf one like Splatoon or Xenoblade.

Personally I'm hoping Monolith Soft's mystery game they've been working on since 2017 could be that game.

Was the octo expansion any good? I was very disappointed w the single player. Was even hyped at the new trailer thinking it was a single player spinoff. 

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

The correct answer is the Wii and nothing else even comes close. Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort were monumental games. That kind of innovation is Nintendo at it's best. Most of the other Nintendo franchises I really care about started on the NES/Famicom.

Wow, im not sure I could disagree with u more, but its always nice to see another perspective on a topic like this.

CarcharodonKraz said:
curl-6 said:

Was the octo expansion any good? I was very disappointed w the single player. Was even hyped at the new trailer thinking it was a single player spinoff. 

I never actually played the Octo Expansion to be honest, I heard it was difficult and I don't like difficult games.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.