By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

zack & wiki

Around the Network

Okami.

rocketpig said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
rocketpig said:
WoW, I don't have anyone local to multiplay SSBB with me and frankly, I'm not a big fighting game fan. SSBB is the only one I can stand, actually. Once I heard about the half-assed online aspect of the game, it made it a lot easier to skip the game for a few weeks while I play through SMG, Z&W, and Okami. I'll end up buying the game but I'm in no big rush to do so.

I think people complain too much about the online.  It's not as bad as some make it out to be IMO.

No voice chat and friend codes really irritate the shit out of me. I've been playing using only voice chat for 7 years now. It's hard for me to go back.

Eh, YMMV I guess.  I couldn't care less about voice chat.  Some peoples' voices are really annoying...

rocketpig said:

And I'll buy 3 games for it. SMG is one, SSBB is probably the other.

What other game should I get? I'm torn between Okami and Zack & Wiki. Or should I just pick up Okami for the PS2, upscale it on the PS3, and go for something entirely different? 

Metroid Prime 3 is a must.

SRTMan04 said:
rocketpig said:

And I'll buy 3 games for it. SMG is one, SSBB is probably the other.

What other game should I get? I'm torn between Okami and Zack & Wiki. Or should I just pick up Okami for the PS2, upscale it on the PS3, and go for something entirely different?

Metroid Prime 3 is a must.
I think hes said like 3 times he doesn't like metroid.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
rocketpig said:
WoW, I don't have anyone local to multiplay SSBB with me and frankly, I'm not a big fighting game fan. SSBB is the only one I can stand, actually. Once I heard about the half-assed online aspect of the game, it made it a lot easier to skip the game for a few weeks while I play through SMG, Z&W, and Okami. I'll end up buying the game but I'm in no big rush to do so.

I think people complain too much about the online. It's not as bad as some make it out to be IMO.

No voice chat and friend codes really irritate the shit out of me. I've been playing using only voice chat for 7 years now. It's hard for me to go back.

Yeah I don't care much about playing online to begin with, but being unable to interact with random people in any meaningful way makes the random battles seem a little too much like fighting a bunch of computer bots to me.

A few things:

- SMG is very good. Just as I expected.
- Okami is really cool, though hard to get the actions down right. My wife in particular is having a lot of difficulty with the game. We'll see how it goes as we get used to the Wiimote again.
- Wii Play is all sorts of meh. I'm glad I didn't buy it to get a third controller with my old Wii. I doubt it will see much time in my console.
- Wii Sports is still stupid fun, even after logging dozens of hours with it at launch.
- Ugh. My wife found out about Wii Fit. I swore up and down that I wouldn't give Nintendo money for that damned thing but now it appears there is no way out of it.

Overall, I hope I don't get tired of the Wii like I did earlier. I don't think I will because there are several games I want to play for it now. Overall, I still prefer the 360 but the Wii should be a great complimentary system, just like it was before the great game drought of 2007 that turned me away from the system and left it untouched for three months. At least it will never serve as a $600 Blu-ray/DVD player (here's looking at you, PS3).

The system would be a lot better for me if Nintendo didn't intentionally cripple the online system and half-ass the execution so badly. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

DKII said:
rocketpig said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
rocketpig said:

I think people complain too much about the online. It's not as bad as some make it out to be IMO.

Yeah I don't care much about playing online to begin with, but being unable to interact with random people in any meaningful way makes the random battles seem a little too much like fighting a bunch of computer bots to me.

See, online is extremely important to me and it factors in heavily whether I choose a rental vs. a purchase.

To me, it's ridiculous that Nintendo has a sloppier system of choosing servers/friends/chatting than Gamespy did in 1999. Pathetic. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
DKII said:
rocketpig said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
rocketpig said:

See, online is extremely important to me and it factors in heavily whether I choose a rental vs. a purchase.

To me, it's ridiculous that Nintendo has a sloppier system of choosing servers/friends/chatting than Gamespy did in 1999. Pathetic. 

Yea... although I don't care much about it, I think they should at least include some systems of interaction for online play, and allow an option to enable or disable it. It at least will work more well and pleases more people than the one-way approach.

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Okami :).