By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
rocketpig said:
Yakuzaice said:
Twilight Princess imo.  You can probably pick up Okami (PS2) for really cheap.

I owned a Wii for 7 months or so before selling it. I played all the decent launch games and games released in early 07. 

I see, well then just go ahead and get Okami.  It is an amazing game (but it seems you've already decided).

Around the Network

C'mon guys. We all know he's getting it to practice SSBB. Next time he plays against his niece he wants to win. The real reason Rocketpig is buying a Wii is because he got schooled by a 10 year-old.

On the brush controls for Okami:

In my experience, if you are familiar with a Wiimote and used to actually having to lift your arm and aim to play games, it's by far the better control scheme. If you don't use the Wiimote/have never played a shooter with it like Link's Crossbow Training or Resident Evil to build up your accuracy, you will struggle with it.

So, that should help you understand the split in opinions on this among different media sources. If you don't play Wii often, it will take you a bit to get used to it, but in my opinion it's still the superior mode of control once you are used to it.

fkusumot said:

C'mon guys. We all know he's getting it to practice SSBB. Next time he plays against his niece he wants to win. The real reason Rocketpig is buying a Wii is because he got schooled by a 10 year-old.

Actually, she kicked my butt for the first half an hour or so until I mastered Pit and went all Kid Icarus on her ass.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

naznatips said:
On the brush controls for Okami:

In my experience, if you are familiar with a Wiimote and used to actually having to lift your arm and aim to play games, it's by far the better control scheme. If you don't use the Wiimote/have never played a shooter with it like Link's Crossbow Training or Resident Evil to build up your accuracy, you will struggle with it.

So, that should help you understand the split in opinions on this among different media sources. If you don't play Wii often, it will take you a bit to get used to it, but in my opinion it's still the superior mode of control once you are used to it.

I'm very comfortable with the Wiimote and aiming it so that won't be a problem. I think that settles it.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
Entroper said:
You can't go wrong with Metroid Prime 3.

Unless "you" happens to be "RocketPig."

Yep. I'm one of the few that doesn't like the Metroid Prime series. It's a combination of my love of 2D Metroid and the quasi-shooter setup of the MP series. I just don't care for it though 3 bothers me less due to the WiiMote controls. I also hate the fact that it's an FPS. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Hey, rocket, my recommendation for No More Heroes is pick a week where you don't have much to do and then rent it. I crushed through that in 3 days, so if you go to someplace like Blockbuster that might have a grace period for returning it after a week rental, then you're sure to at least get the entire way through the game, maybe even twice through it. You can tell whether it's worth getting a copy for yourself by that point.

and for your view on 3D metroid, I dunno. I actually found it to feel much like a futuristic FPS Zelda game. the Wii controls really do work well once you get them set up properly. I don't think I could even think of doing an FPS without the Wii controls anymore.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

If you are just getting 3 games, unless you have a GC controller, you should get Wii Play :)

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Your not a lone Rocketpig. I'm not a big Metroid fan at all. The only one I liked was the 2D side-scroller on GameBoy.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

i would go with Okami