By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
rocketpig said:
Bodhesatva said:
Entroper said:
You can't go wrong with Metroid Prime 3.

Unless "you" happens to be "RocketPig."

Yep. I'm one of the few that doesn't like the Metroid Prime series. It's a combination of my love of 2D Metroid and the quasi-shooter setup of the MP series. I just don't care for it though 3 bothers me less due to the WiiMote controls. I also hate the fact that it's an FPS. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Have you actually played it long enough to get into it?  A friend of mine who is a HUGE Metroid fan kept telling me how "wrong" it was that they made it a first-person shooter, but then he played the game for about an hour, and absolutely loved it.  He said to me, these words, "It's still Metroid.  That's incredible."

Just sayin.  :) 

Around the Network

Metroid Prime 3 if you like FPS
Zack and Wiki if you like puzzles
Super Paper Mario if you like RPG

Consoles LTD, end 2009, end 2010 - prediction

Wii -  68 million, 90 million - Wii HD in late 2011 - $249

360 - 38 million, 47 million - 720 in late 2010 - $299

PS3 - 31 million, 43 million - slim PS3 in mid 2009 - $299 

Entroper said:
rocketpig said:
Bodhesatva said:
Entroper said:
You can't go wrong with Metroid Prime 3.

Unless "you" happens to be "RocketPig."

Yep. I'm one of the few that doesn't like the Metroid Prime series. It's a combination of my love of 2D Metroid and the quasi-shooter setup of the MP series. I just don't care for it though 3 bothers me less due to the WiiMote controls. I also hate the fact that it's an FPS. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Have you actually played it long enough to get into it?  A friend of mine who is a HUGE Metroid fan kept telling me how "wrong" it was that they made it a first-person shooter, but then he played the game for about an hour, and absolutely loved it.  He said to me, these words, "It's still Metroid.  That's incredible."

Just sayin.  :) 

I played all the way through 1 and about halfway through 2... Yeah, you could say I played the games enough. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Definitly get Okami over Z&W, I have Zack and Wiki and I like it, but Okami is better, also it is only 40 bucks.

I would also consider Fire Emblem, I have heard nothing but good thing from people I know who own it. They say it is hard, but I am sure you would not mind that. If you can find NMH on sale I would give it a buy, I got it for 33.99 at Amazon. Do not pay 49.99 for it though, it is too short.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Nevermind.

Around the Network

Well, I got one this morning and picked up SMG and Okami... The wife wasn't feeling SSBB so I opted for WiiPlay and another nunchuck along with the component cables. I'll be renting Z&W on Wednesday through Gamefly.

When MK releases, I'll decide if I want that or SSBB. I like them both but I'm not sure how long either will hold my attention, especially with my continued Rock Band fetish refusing to die down.

BTW, that makes this generation complete... 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS. 

rocketpig said:
Well, I got one this morning and picked up SMG and Okami... The wife wasn't feeling SSBB so I opted for WiiPlay and another nunchuck along with the component cables. I'll be renting Z&W on Wednesday through Gamefly.

When MK releases, I'll decide if I want that or SSBB. I like them both but I'm not sure how long either will hold my attention, especially with my continued Rock Band fetish refusing to die down.

You opted for WiiPlay and Okami and SMG instead of SSBB. O.o I'd take SSBB over all three of those games... put together. Rocketpig you disappoint me.

WoW, I don't have anyone local to multiplay SSBB with me and frankly, I'm not a big fighting game fan. SSBB is the only one I can stand, actually. Once I heard about the half-assed online aspect of the game, it made it a lot easier to skip the game for a few weeks while I play through SMG, Z&W, and Okami. I'll end up buying the game but I'm in no big rush to do so.

rocketpig said:
WoW, I don't have anyone local to multiplay SSBB with me and frankly, I'm not a big fighting game fan. SSBB is the only one I can stand, actually. Once I heard about the half-assed online aspect of the game, it made it a lot easier to skip the game for a few weeks while I play through SMG, Z&W, and Okami. I'll end up buying the game but I'm in no big rush to do so.

I think people complain too much about the online.  It's not as bad as some make it out to be IMO.

Words Of Wisdom said:
rocketpig said:

I think people complain too much about the online.  It's not as bad as some make it out to be IMO.

No voice chat and friend codes really irritate the shit out of me. I've been playing using only voice chat for 7 years now. It's hard for me to go back.