By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What are your favourite PS2 games?

GoOnKid said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- God of War II
- Namco X Capcom
- Jak II / Jak 3
- Final Fantasy XII
- Ratchet Deadlocked
- Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
- Space Chimps
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

There's a lot of great PS2 games, but I can't list them all.

My gf played the Jak trilogy on the PS2 and while she really enjoyed the first game in the series, she absolutely hated the second. What is it that you like about it?

For real?

I finished the entire trilogy on my PS2. All games are great, but I feel like Jak II is a huge improvement over The Precursor Legacy. The dark atmosphere, and the open world are so much better.

Jak 3 is great too, but the second game had a bigger impact on me.

Around the Network

In no order whatsoever

Suikoden III
Suikoden V
Final Fantasy XII
Dragon Quest VIII
Breath of Fire V Dragon's Quarter
Guilty Gear X2
God of War II
Metal Gear Solid III
Shadow of the Colossus
Ico
GTA Vice City

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
GoOnKid said:

My gf played the Jak trilogy on the PS2 and while she really enjoyed the first game in the series, she absolutely hated the second. What is it that you like about it?

For real?

I finished the entire trilogy on my PS2. All games are great, but I feel like Jak II is a huge improvement over The Precursor Legacy. The dark atmosphere, and the open world are so much better.

Jak 3 is great too, but the second game had a bigger impact on me.

It's exactly this dark atmosphere and open world that she didn't like. It's way too far off from the first game. She figured it was implemented to attract the GTA crowd but it just didn't fit the charcaters and the setting at all. Also many missions were super dumb and poorly executed with lots of cheap and unfair sections or instant deaths. She rage quitted several times. It really wasn't a pleasant thing to witness. Eventually she finished it, however not because she liked it but just to show it the middle finger.

The third game was a bit more enjoyable, though, so that's something.

For being my first games on the system, Tekken tag tournament and ridge racer.
Then Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, SSX, Shadow of memories (destiny in the US version i think), Extermination, beyond good and evil.

Great memories playaing Dinasty Warriors too ! And still remember of playing Kessen, despite not for long as i did not understand how to play it well.

GoOnKid said:

Very interesting that you specifically list MGS3: Subsistence. I've read about this in some gaming magazines back in the day but I couldn't imagine if I would like it. This is basically the pure gameplay essence of a MGS game with no cutscenes at all, right?

It´s the same MGS 3, but with some gameplay improvements, such as a controllable camera and an online mode.

On topic:

MGS 3

MGS 2

God of War 2

X Men Lgends

God of War

DMC

Zone of Enders 2

Around the Network

Also forgot Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Now that was a great Diablo clone.. so much fun to be had in co-op.

This is a tough one. With that said here are my top 5 games for PS2:

1. Final Fantasy X
2. God of War 2
3. Jak 3
4. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
5. Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

1. Time Splitters
2., GTA Vice City
3. Silent Hill 2
4. Ico
5. Ratchet & Clank / Going Commando

HM Onimusha 2

I never owned a PS2 and was XB + PC, but I enjoyed these games a lot. 

hinch said:

Also forgot Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Now that was a great Diablo clone.. so much fun to be had in co-op.

That reminded me of two of my favourite games by Snowblind studios,  Champions of Norrath and Champions return to Arms.

now I'm off to edit my list.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 12 March 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Flouff said:

For being my first games on the system, Tekken tag tournament and ridge racer.
Then Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, SSX, Shadow of memories (destiny in the US version i think), Extermination, beyond good and evil.

Great memories playaing Dinasty Warriors too ! And still remember of playing Kessen, despite not for long as i did not understand how to play it well.

Glad you enjoyed Extermination I found it be an enjoyable game.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot