By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Feb 14-20 - PS5 Sells Over 200,000, XSX|S Over 100,000

Elputoxd said:
eva01beserk said:

Gears tactics was not a launch game, it released for consoles with the series x and s. Falconeer does seem to be a launch game. But you really wana count that as the world seems to be ignoring it? Thats right, the medium was delayed so not a launch game.

Not ignoring ori as I said "Blockbusters" Wich ori is definetly not. Forza horizon 4 came out in 2018, gears 5 in september of 2019. So gears wich is the very last AAA game released on xbox is gona be 2 years and 2 months by the time the next big AAA halo infinite comes out. Asuming MS dosent stealth drop anything before then. Flight simulator is not on xbox, so how does that change that xbox hasent seen a Big Blockbuster since gears 5?

Honestly I just saw that count down from crapgamer who I really never listen to but aparently he has switched over to playstation and aparently almost every show he goes and counts how many days since xbox has since a AAA exclusive graced it. I canot confirm as I dont really watch his stuff. 

Flight Simulator will launch between Gears 5 and Halo Infinite, therefore what you said about not being blockbusters between Gears 5 and Halo Infinite is incorrect. 

Allow me to ignore the Crapgamer crap just like you have been ignoring my responses to your recent posts saying Series will sell less than One and that the Xbox division is not profitable.

I supose it will most likely. but again, 2 years is not some deciding time frame for anything, almost two years dosent paint a better picture. Its still a very long time between big games for the xbox.

Im no analist or psychic or have any kind of inside info. So no one should take anything I say like it matters. But I dont remember ignoring any post. Maybe, I do work a lot and might have meant to respond and forgot. I apologize if thats the case. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

After the Japanese launch, Weekly PS4 sales remained well below 200K until the launch of Destiny (13 September 2014).

If Sony can maintain the same weekly trend (weekly sales above 200K) the PS5 will catch PS4 in a couple of weeks.

But at the end it all depends on Sony’s stock

Both Xbox Series and PS5 have had an absolutely atrocious launch window in terms of games, I can't ever remember a new generation starting in a more boring and barren way.

Apparently they've just decided that the hardcore fans will buy one even if there are no games, and according to that charts, they will indeed.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 07 March 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Both Xbox Series and PS5 have had an absolutely atrocious launch window in terms of games, I can't ever remember a new generation starting in a more boring and barren way.

Apparently they've just decided that the hardcore fans will buy one even if there are no games, and according to that charts, they will indeed.

I bought an Xbox Series S at launch, because of backward compatibility. I had been using a launch Xbox One and a lot of games didn't run that great on it. If it didn't have BC I'd have waited for Halo Infinite. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

curl-6 said:

I really dont think so. Launch itselft is better for the ps5 as demon souls, miles morales, godfall and buggsnaxs all got much better reception than killzone, knack and resogun. and just looking at whats coming we see we have more big titles than just infamous.

On the xbox side I agree as I said in a previous post. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

I really dont think so. Launch itselft is better for the ps5 as demon souls, miles morales, godfall and buggsnaxs all got much better reception than killzone, knack and resogun. and just looking at whats coming we see we have more big titles than just infamous.

On the xbox side I agree as I said in a previous post. 

PS5 is still very unimpressive in my opinion; Miles Morales is a crossgen expansion pack, Demon's Souls is a graphical overhaul of a 2009 PS3 game, and Bugsnax and Godfall don't look very good.

PS4 and Xbone had unimpressive launches as well, but at least they had games that looked properly next gen.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 07 March 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

PS3, my friend. It was atrocious at best. I mean, they sold the thing initially on "Lair"!

curl-6 said:

Forgot about the Wii U already? 

curl-6 said:

Are you forgetting last gen? 

PS4/Xbox One/Wii U all had weak launch windows. Not only that but the Switch was literally carried by Wii U games. All I would say is that last gen was less "boring" because there was less cross gen but the only highly rated exclusive PS4 had was Infamous SS in its launch window. Demon Souls, Miles Morales, Astro's Playground, Sackboy >>> Knack, Shadowfall

Also we're in the middle of a pandemic. Games have been getting delayed left right and center. For PS5 Kena, Returnal and Deathloop were all intended to launch by end of this month. 

Interesting to see for me is how big the console market will grow in the coming years. Since the 7. generation new markets arouse/developed, especially Eastern Europe, Asia outside of Japan, Middle-East, Russia, Latin America and (South-) Africa. At the same time the global population has grown and will grow further which means potential more people to buy consoles in already strong established markets.

There's no doubt that the gaming market as a whole will have a steep growing market in the next years. However, how that translates into console sales has yet to be seen. For example, Japan is especially noteworthy, whereas traditional home consoles are in decline but the Nintendo Switch on the other hand is a beast over there.

Also, economy is an important factor, will we have a depression in the coming years or will there be a boom? Another question is how Streaming services will develop and how it will affect console sales or even wipe them out to become streaming machines.

Last edited by Fight-the-Streets - on 08 March 2021