By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Feb 14-20 - PS5 Sells Over 200,000, XSX|S Over 100,000

NSW 2021 falls behind NDS 07 and 08.  Will probably lag behind unless NPD Feb 2021 comes in at >500K and/or release of Monster Hunter Rise when we probably see a spike up to 7-800K in week 13.

Still outpacing all else though, including NSW 2020.

*Note, VGC numbers for NSW 2020 were very slightly adjusted down from last week.

Around the Network
mk7sx said:

NSW 2021 falls behind NDS 07 and 08.  Will probably lag behind unless NPD Feb 2021 comes in at >500K and/or release of Monster Hunter Rise when we probably see a spike up to 7-800K in week 13.

Still outpacing all else though, including NSW 2020.

*Note, VGC numbers for NSW 2020 were very slightly adjusted down from last week.

I believe that NDS 09 will be the most even comparison, as there was a rise in early April (which is about when MonHun Rise is coming) and the baseline is slightly lower now, however will be slightly higher after this april section.

Japan is significantly down this week, but Switch is still selling around 350k worldwide. Japan is running short on the base model. Nintendo upped production, but it doesn't look like they have upped it enough. It's selling competitive with the DS's best years. Nintendo needs to keep supplies up.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 04 March 2021

RolStoppable said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Japan is significantly down this week, but Switch is still selling around 350k worldwide. Japan is running short on the base model. Nintendo upped production, but it doesn't look like they have upped it enough. It's selling competitive with the DS's best years. Nintendo needs to keep supplies up.

I don't think production is a serious problem for Japan. Nintendo is stockpiling units for the launch of Monster Hunter Rise, that's what's going on.

They had better stockpile a whole lot.  Last year whenever there was a major release, they only had stock for 1-2 weeks in Japan and then they were in short supply again.  To me it looks like they are on track to do this sort of thing again.

If Series' stock is not big enough by Week 17 they might lose that week to the Xbox One (Titanfall launched, they sold 148k consoles), but apart from that they should win any other week in 2021 against 2014's Xbox One.

Last edited by Elputoxd - on 04 March 2021

Around the Network

The next four weeks should all be about the same as this one and then things will be get shaken up for a bit at the end of March and start of April. Also I really wonder who exactly those 8 people in Japan are and why they decided to buy an Xbox One now of all times.

Elputoxd said:

If Series' stock is not big enough by Week 17 they might lose that week to the Xbox One (Titanfall launched, they sold 148k consoles), but apart from that they should win any other week in 2021 against 2014's Xbox One.

Looks like is steadily declining while the x1 is steady. Even if all stays the same the series is bound to loose no matter what happens. As far as I'm aware there zero no games any time soon that would give it a boost. Specially nothing in the ranks of titanfall. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Elputoxd said:

Looks like is steadily declining while the x1 is steady. Even if all stays the same the series is bound to loose no matter what happens. As far as I'm aware there zero no games any time soon that would give it a boost. Specially nothing in the ranks of titanfall. 

I would say it's more of a supply thing. They went from 86k to 112k and now down to 103k. I'm checking StockX and other webs and the Series X is still at insane prices, so it must be supply constrained still. The S goes for around 370 - 400 USD.

Xbox One was not steady. It dropped to 40k in April 2014.

Last edited by Elputoxd - on 04 March 2021

Xbox Series remains ahead of PS4 in Europe. By 364 units. So margin of error stuff. Still competitively close to PS5 in North America though.

Supply of the hybrid Switch in Japan seems to be eating into its global numbers again.

3DS lifetime total about equal to Nintendo's shipments as of its final quarter of production, so shouldn't be too much left to trickle out now.

Team 2021 shall provail