By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Feb 14-20 - PS5 Sells Over 200,000, XSX|S Over 100,000

trunkswd said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Thanks trunkswd!

Here it is set to 25 weeks. 

Nice! Thanks! PS5 is already over Switch's 6 months sales interesting.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Nice! Thanks! PS5 is already over Switch's 6 months sales interesting.

It does show that early sales aren't the best indicator as the Switch is on track to outsell the PS4 and possibly reach DS and PS2 levels. While I don't see the PS5 selling as well as the PS4 due to more competition from Microsoft. 

Agreed. Switch, like Nintendo software, has longer legs than Ps and Xb. PS5 starts out hot and will probably end with fantastic sales, but won't beat ps4 unless the market itself expands significantly.

I'm still not convinced that Xbox Series will compete any more effectively against PS5 than Xbone did against PS4. On paper it should but it's too early to say if that will translate to a real world difference.

I find it hard to see PS5 selling significantly less than PS4 lifetime.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 06 March 2021

curl-6 said:

I'm still not convinced that Xbox Series will compete any more effectively against PS5 than Xbone did against PS4. On paper it should but it's too early to say if that will translate to a real world difference.

East Asia and Japan I believe is the major factor of Ps5 downhill. 

None related to Xbox Series, but to another platform domination. 

The fierce competition with Xbox series maybe because Microsoft don't screw up yet and the acquisition of Bethesda, lets wait five/six months more to see the better the scenario. 

Agente42 said:
curl-6 said:

The fierce competition with Xbox series maybe because Microsoft don't screw up yet and the acquisition of Bethesda, lets wait five/six months more to see the better the scenario. 

Maybe not a screw up at the level of that 2013 presentation. But I would say that the total lack of launch games is pretty bad. A historic first as im aware. Also no blockbuster games in over 2 years by the time halo infinite comes out is not a good look. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Agente42 said:

Maybe not a screw up at the level of that 2013 presentation. But I would say that the total lack of launch games is pretty bad. A historic first as im aware. Also no blockbuster games in over 2 years by the time halo infinite comes out is not a good look. 

Gears Tactics was a launch title (and others like The Falconeer). The Medium was too but had to be delayed two months because of Covid.

And you are ignoring Ori 2, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5 and other games I would consider blockbusters in the last part of your post. And Microsoft Flight Simulator in the summer of this year coming to Series (it was one of the top 10 best-selling games on Steam in 2020 even though it launched in August).

I'd love to see a breakdown of the Xbox sales, specifically the ratio between Series X and Series S. Didn't the Xbox chief state that they expected the majority of their sales to be from the Series S? I seem to remember so. Personally, I always claimed that it would sell a lot less due to being a product with a very limited demographic, judging by the stock here in Sweden, this seems to have been a correct analysis since the Series S is easily found absolutely everywhere and Series X isn't even available for ordering online at any major retailer ("notify me" only).

Elputoxd said:
eva01beserk said:

Gears Tactics was a launch title (and others like The Falconeer). The Medium was too but had to be delayed two months because of Covid.

And you are ignoring Ori 2, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5 and other games I would consider blockbusters in the last part of your post. And Microsoft Flight Simulator in the summer of this year coming to Series (it was one of the top 10 best-selling games on Steam in 2020 even though it launched in August).

Gears tactics was not a launch game, it released for consoles with the series x and s. Falconeer does seem to be a launch game. But you really wana count that as the world seems to be ignoring it? Thats right, the medium was delayed so not a launch game.

Not ignoring ori as I said "Blockbusters" Wich ori is definetly not. Forza horizon 4 came out in 2018, gears 5 in september of 2019. So gears wich is the very last AAA game released on xbox is gona be 2 years and 2 months by the time the next big AAA halo infinite comes out. Asuming MS dosent stealth drop anything before then. Flight simulator is not on xbox, so how does that change that xbox hasent seen a Big Blockbuster since gears 5?

Honestly I just saw that count down from crapgamer who I really never listen to but aparently he has switched over to playstation and aparently almost every show he goes and counts how many days since xbox has since a AAA exclusive graced it. I canot confirm as I dont really watch his stuff. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Elputoxd said:

Gears tactics was not a launch game, it released for consoles with the series x and s. Falconeer does seem to be a launch game. But you really wana count that as the world seems to be ignoring it? Thats right, the medium was delayed so not a launch game.

Not ignoring ori as I said "Blockbusters" Wich ori is definetly not. Forza horizon 4 came out in 2018, gears 5 in september of 2019. So gears wich is the very last AAA game released on xbox is gona be 2 years and 2 months by the time the next big AAA halo infinite comes out. Asuming MS dosent stealth drop anything before then. Flight simulator is not on xbox, so how does that change that xbox hasent seen a Big Blockbuster since gears 5?

Honestly I just saw that count down from crapgamer who I really never listen to but aparently he has switched over to playstation and aparently almost every show he goes and counts how many days since xbox has since a AAA exclusive graced it. I canot confirm as I dont really watch his stuff. 

Flight Simulator will launch between Gears 5 and Halo Infinite, therefore what you said about not being blockbusters between Gears 5 and Halo Infinite is incorrect. 

Allow me to ignore the Crapgamer crap just like you have been ignoring my responses to your recent posts saying Series will sell less than One and that the Xbox division is not profitable.

Elputoxd said:
eva01beserk said:

Flight Simulator will launch between Gears 5 and Halo Infinite, therefore what you said about not being blockbusters between Gears 5 and Halo Infinite is incorrect. 

Allow me to ignore the Crapgamer crap just like you have been ignoring my responses to your recent posts saying Series will sell less than One and that the Xbox division is not profitable.

I supose it will most likely. but again, 2 years is not some deciding time frame for anything, almost two years dosent paint a better picture. Its still a very long time between big games for the xbox.

Im no analist or psychic or have any kind of inside info. So no one should take anything I say like it matters. But I dont remember ignoring any post. Maybe, I do work a lot and might have meant to respond and forgot. I apologize if thats the case.