By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kakadu18 said:

Gonna repost here what I wrote in the Club Nintendo thread:

I just saw The Super Mario Movie and it was fucking glorious. I loved it. So much fun. Brimming with energy, life and character. Hilarious throughout.
I had a broad grin on my face the whole time. Pure fun. Recommend it for everyone.

And btw, there was zero cringe. Don't know what anyone would find cringy here.

Best animated movie since Incredibles 2.

I saw it Saturday night and I agree, it was joyous fun. It's waaaaaaaaay better than the godawful '93 John Leguizamo movie in every category (which BTW: his boycotting comments just reek of sour grapes). It doesn't make you think or have super deep character development (though I did like what character moments it did give us, there's definitely some "feel good" moments with Mario and Peach), but do you really expect that from a Mario movie? 

Speaking of which, I wonder if StitchedTogetherPictures will do an eventual Boots to Reboots of this movie where he gives the first Mario movie the boot like in his Boots to Reboots review of Dredd 2012.

Around the Network

Finally saw Jurassic World Dominion, and now I understand it's poor reception. Basically it ended up being more like Starship Troopers but with dinosaurs and a lamer villain. Oh, and the stupid idea the previous movie had about laser guided attack dinosaurs? They brought that back too. -_-

KManX89 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Gonna repost here what I wrote in the Club Nintendo thread:

I just saw The Super Mario Movie and it was fucking glorious. I loved it. So much fun. Brimming with energy, life and character. Hilarious throughout.
I had a broad grin on my face the whole time. Pure fun. Recommend it for everyone.

And btw, there was zero cringe. Don't know what anyone would find cringy here.

Best animated movie since Incredibles 2.

I saw it Saturday night and I agree, it was joyous fun. It's waaaaaaaaay better than the godawful '93 John Leguizamo movie in every category (which BTW: his boycotting comments just reek of sour grapes). It doesn't make you think or have super deep character development (though I did like what character moments it did give us, there's definitely some "feel good" moments with Mario and Peach), but do you really expect that from a Mario movie? 

Speaking of which, I wonder if StitchedTogetherPictures will do an eventual Boots to Reboots of this movie where he gives the first Mario movie the boot like in his Boots to Reboots review of Dredd 2012.

Dredd is excellent. The old Judge Dredd is to campy and Stallone is barely convincing as Dredd. It wasn't bad but ultimately it's nothing more than a slightly entertaining romp. Dredd from 2012 is stylish and just really cool. It's a visual treat and Dredd is menacing and badass AF. It's sence of style is just pristine. Dredd never taken his helmet of was the right choice. It creates a sense of mystery around the character.

Watched Top Gun for the first time, watched it on Amazon Prime Video. Will likely watch Maverick this weekend.

I've also finished/watched in the past week or so....

-Pokemon Movie 7: Destiny Deoxys
-Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative
-The Dining of Link Lee 2nd Season
-Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero
-Link Click: The Daily Life in Lightime
-One Piece Film: Red
-In/Spectre 2nd Season

I have also been watching Moon Knight on Disney+ , made it to the final episode.

As for what I am watching right now anime wise....

9-1-1 Lone Star. Those bitches who sued Marjan finally got what they deserved. ^^

Around the Network

Just saw Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves in the theater. It's excellent, incredibly funny, chaotic and inventive with a charming cast of characters.
Really sad that such a good movie is underperforming at the box office right now. It deserves so much success.

This year so far has been excellent with new movies. No disappointments for me thus far.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 12 April 2023

They really need to give Terry Matalas his own Star Trek show after he wraps up Picard, I'm happy to see all the praise Season 3 is receiving even if I don't watch the show because 12 Monkey's was absolutely fantastic.

Give him his own Star Trek show and I'll add that to the list rather than having him come in to fix a show right at the end.

Watching random YouTube Poops.

Just watched Cocaine Bear in the theatre.
It was hilarious and absurd. Some mid acting didn't detract from the fun.

Watching a recent SpongBob where Plankton pretends to be a florist. One of his nastier plans.