By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
the-pi-guy said:
mZuzek said:

Puss in Boots The Last Wish is so good wtf

Wow it's rated as highly as the original Shrek on IMDB.

Wild. 

Definitely much better than that movie as far as I'm concerned. Not that Shrek 1 isn't great, but this was an honest to god masterpiece.

Going to bed with nothing but Puss in my head, for the second night and counting.

Around the Network

Over the past couple of weeks
Ghibli films - mostly the non-Miyazaki ones: When Marnie Was There, From up on Poppy Hill, Whisper of the Heart, and Only Yesterday.
Witcher Season 1
Caught up on Shrinking
And a few films: Her, Being John Malkovich, Lost in Translation, Mulholland Drive, The Apartment, The Hangover.

Apart from Shrinking, which is a brand new show currently part way through its first season, the only film on the list I hadn’t seen before is The Hangover, it reminded me kind of a cross between Road Trip and Old School with (maybe) some hints of something like a dude version of Bridesmaids or American Wedding.

And, it’s not that I don’t like Miyazaki directed films, but I just wasn’t in the mood for them, I feel like the non-Miyazaki ones are more my type of film… except Porco Rosso :)
And I love Princess Mononoke too.
Kiki’s Delivery Service is my go to film if I ever want to be in an ultra positive mood (also, probably the favourite around my household).

When Marnie was There is probably my second favourite Ghibli film after Princess Mononoke. Probably a weird one for most. From Up on Poppy Hill is also a lot of fun, and Whisper of the Heart is the most reminiscent of Kiki’s Devilry Service, different story, but a similar soul.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 06 March 2023

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ryuu96 said:

And of course, Netflix has cancelled 1899.

Netflix is making a lot of concerning moves lately.

• Constant price increases despite turning a profit, cracking down on password sharing.
  • Cancelling 1899, a show from two of their best original creators (Baran & Jantje, Creators of Dark).
  • Losing Mike Flanagan to Amazon, I don't care if Midnight Club was only okay or w/e, Mike is Imo the best horror show creator right now, Midnight Mass, Bly Manor and Hill House were great. I also read that the reason for all of Midnight Club's ridiculous jump scares was because Netflix kept pestering to put jump scares into his shows.
  • Barely promoting Alice in Borderland S2, Sonic Prime, Dragon Age Absolution, Midnight Club, etc.
  • The Witcher IP is basically destroyed, that spinoff sounds absolutely awful and nobody is going to watch The Witcher after Cavill leaves.

The way Netflix is handling things reminds me of the SciFi Channel before they renamed it to SyFy.

Built a core loyal audience then started releasing 1-2 season shows because they didn't want to spend money on more season and eventually it become a network for WWE lol.

The more shows you bring out and cancel the less viewers you will get with future shows. People loose trust and don't bother watching so they don't get hooked and then it gets cancelled on them.

curl-6 said:

I also really enjoyed 1899, and was super bummed by its cancellation. So much lost potential.

And Dark is a masterpiece, one of my favourite shows of all time. It is a slow burn, but stick with it; once the stage it set and the mind games begin in earnest it is utterly brilliant. From the atmosphere, to the twists, to the performances, the creative team hit it out of the park.
And thankfully, it was allowed to run its course and come to a natural (and superb) conclusion instead of being either cancelled or artifically dragged out.

Dark is a great show, which I put on hold as can't watch such intensity with a 2 year old screaming and jumping on you lol.

Season 1 was mind blowing when all the pieces of the puzzle finally made sense and it made you appreciate how it all worked together.

Saturday Night Live with Travis Kelce. Travis plays a guy at American Girl Cafe who may or may not be a creeper. XD

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

I also really enjoyed 1899, and was super bummed by its cancellation. So much lost potential.

And Dark is a masterpiece, one of my favourite shows of all time. It is a slow burn, but stick with it; once the stage it set and the mind games begin in earnest it is utterly brilliant. From the atmosphere, to the twists, to the performances, the creative team hit it out of the park.
And thankfully, it was allowed to run its course and come to a natural (and superb) conclusion instead of being either cancelled or artifically dragged out.

Dark is a great show, which I put on hold as can't watch such intensity with a 2 year old screaming and jumping on you lol.

Season 1 was mind blowing when all the pieces of the puzzle finally made sense and it made you appreciate how it all worked together.

All 3 seasons are great, but season 2 really hooked me and cemented me for the rest, so I'd agree, best to be fully immersed for what's coming.

ConservagameR said:
Cobretti2 said:

All 3 seasons are great, but season 2 really hooked me and cemented me for the rest, so I'd agree, best to be fully immersed for what's coming.

Did you watch it in German, or the English Dub? Just wondering as usually I like to watch TV shows in their native language as some dubs are pretty poor.

Watching Court Cam. Some of these people on trial even look like scumbags.

Cobretti2 said:
ConservagameR said:

Did you watch it in German, or the English Dub? Just wondering as usually I like to watch TV shows in their native language as some dubs are pretty poor.

German with with English subs. I don't know any German so I spent a lot of time reading carefully. Took a bit away from the visuals and being better immersed. A bad English dub probably would've been preferable so I could've paid more attention to the scenery and actors. With a show of this complexity, taking myself out and having to focus too much on one aspect made it a bit less enjoyable. It was still brain tickling good though. 

I watched Smile on Amazon this past weekend.

I actually enjoyed it , far more than other recent horror films like the Conjuring series.

I liked it as much as Malignant which I watched a year ago or so.