By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SvennoJ said:
Cobretti2 said:

Season 1 was brilliant but then I ran out of time to keep up with it. Glad to see some positive feedback. Guess I have to add it back into schedule.

You probably want to start over. I watched the seasons when they came out, was confused in season 2, more confused in season 3 about who was who again and what happened before. I don't remember the ending of season 3, just remember being confused and ready for it to be done. Season 1 was excellent, but I guess you need to watch them right after the other unless you have perfect memory :)

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

DARK (Netflix)

Just finished the final episode. After three seasons of absolutely brilliant setup, I was really nervous that the finale couldn't possibly fulfil the potential of the intricate and ambitious web the show had woven up to that point. Thankfully, I was wrong. It came together masterfully, and with unforgettable poignancy, cementing its position as one of the best TV shows I've ever seen.

Season 1 was brilliant but then I ran out of time to keep up with it. Glad to see some positive feedback. Guess I have to add it back into schedule.

I definitely recommend watching them consecutively as details, characters, and scenes from previous seasons play a big role in how things unfold later. My memory is far from perfect, but I can see how it might be confusing for some folks, it demands a lot from the viewer and is a poor fit for casual viewing or watching while you multitask on other things.

I loved it for how beautifully it built a believable universe with a rich and absorbing atmosphere, populated by flawed, human characters and labyrinthine plotting that somehow interconnects with such complexity yet such cleverness.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I definitely recommend watching them consecutively as details, characters, and scenes from previous seasons play a big role in how things unfold later. My memory is far from perfect, but I can see how it might be confusing for some folks, it demands a lot from the viewer and is a poor fit for casual viewing or watching while you multitask on other things.

I loved it for how beautifully it built a believable universe with a rich and absorbing atmosphere, populated by flawed, human characters and labyrinthine plotting that somehow interconnects with such complexity yet such cleverness.

Yep, loved that in Season 1 and partly in season 2. I guess when season 3 appeared it had sunk to the back of my mind already and I had a hard time connecting the dots with the different versions of all the people plodding around.

Best viewed consecutively!

Looks kinda fun. Doesn't look like Cowboy Bebop.

I put seven world one planet on yesterday 4K HDR UHD disc version on PS5. Holy crap that looks amazing. I ordered Blue Planet 2 4K HDR right after!

And now I ordered Perfect Planet as well, and Interstellar on 4K HDR (on sale atm) to see if movies can look great as well. It was filmed in IMAX, best chance of having an advantage of 4K, but more interested to see if HDR actually adds something to a movie. It does wonders for BBC Earth documentaries.

Ron's Gone Wrong: Decent animated film with some very timely messages about growing up in the digital, social media age. I'll have to keep an eye on Locksmith Animation.

Dune: Every bit the big budget art film that Blade Runner 2049 was, though certainly less complete feeling as only Part 1 of a larger story. Love the visuals as well as how they handled The Voice. We better get a Part 2!

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

Dune: Every bit the big budget art film that Blade Runner 2049 was, though certainly less complete feeling as only Part 1 of a larger story. Love the visuals as well as how they handled The Voice. We better get a Part 2!

Finished Archer, and season 3 of What We Do in the Shadows.

Spoiler!
If Colin Robinson really is dead I'm going to be so disappointed. I'm trying to remember what happened to his duplicates when he went all Energy Vampire Lord in that one episode. 

Watched Dune last weekend. It was awesome! Looking forward to part 2!

Right now, right now: NSFW shorts at work... Last weekend, I just discovered Leverage: Redemption exists. We'll see how it compares.

Remains/Yellow Fangs

Sonny Chiba's directorial debut; a highly dramatized account of a series of real life bear attacks in 1915 Japan. It's very, very 1990 in it's over the top style, but that and the sometimes ropey effects just adds to the campy charm. 

Last edited by curl-6 - on 31 October 2021