By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most tense level you have played in a game.

I recently finished Metro 2033 on my Switch which I loved. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat during the part where you have to navigate through the library trying to avoid the librarians. It was a real tense moment and I was fully immersed in the experience. Last time I felt that tense was the nursery in Zombie U.

What gaming moments have caused you the most tension. 

Around the Network

Castle of Cainhurst/Old Yharnam - Bloodborne
The Nursery - ZombiU (I see you are a man of culture as well xD)
GFS Valhalla - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
True Lab - Undertale

Tetsucabra, from Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. He's very violent and he's the first boss in the game that's really challenging.

Mt. Itoi - EarthBound Beginnings
Basically the entire end of EarthBound
Chimera Laboratory - Mother 3
The Bunker - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Being stalked then attacked by Salazar's "Right Hand" in RE4. The sequence where he hunts you, followed by having to fight him off/avoid him while waiting for the elevator to arrive so you can escape is nerve-shatteringly intense.

Around the Network

Time Trial of the last stage in Mirror's Edge. 10 minutes of intensity, because a single misstep will cause you to restart it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RE7 on PSVR, nothing else comes close. Most tense moments, first time getting chased in the house, the fight in the basement and the quarry section.
Before that it was Silent Hill 2, exploring the apartment block or was it a hospital, long time ago.

Probably the last half of TMNT on NES......along with so many other NES games, especially when the games has a 'Game Over' screen and all your progress can't be saved lol

Shalebridge Cradle in Thief 3.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.