By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Big Directs vs Mini Directs

Which ones you prefer

Big Directs 24 70.59%

Mini Directs 9 26.47%

No Directs 1 2.94%

Total:34

Last year Nintendo approach was to release many mini focused directs, indie directs, partner showcases and a Mario Direct

This year they went for a traditional full 50-minutes long Direct. We are probably going a next one in maybe... E3 June?

Anyway, which one you prefer mini/indie directs every 1-2 months or Big directs twice a year?

Or maybe you don't like Directs at all, only an indie showcase plus shadowdrop the new big releases and call it a day

Personally, I felt at the same time overwhelmed and underwhelmed yesterday. Overwhelmed because there is just too much titles to focus on, but at the same time underwhelmed that neither really catch my attentions besides the ones I've already know were going to be released

I vote for mini/specialized directs every 2 months. We will always new what is going to be released next 3-4 months and we can focus of the fewer games each direct presents

Around the Network

Either way it depends on the content. I have seen better mini directs than this past direct, but this past direct was also better than some of the minis. There is no correct answer to this poll.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

Either way it depends on the content. I have seen better mini directs than this past direct, but this past direct was also better than some of the minis. There is no correct answer to this poll.

Try to ignore the content and focus on the format

You would like getting a new direct every 2 months (even if it's focused on a specific brand, only on 3rd parties, or only on indies)

Or you would like getting a Big Direct twice a year with the content that would be scattered across multiple directs

I like both, but I prefer big directs. There are usually several things I am somewhat interested in with every big direct. With mini directs they are more hit and miss. I definitely look forward more to the big directs, because I know there are going to be a few interesting reveals in there.

IcaroRibeiro said:
Shiken said:

Try to ignore the content and focus on the format

You would like getting a new direct every 2 months (even if it's focused on a specific brand, only on 3rd parties, or only on indies)

Or you would like getting a Big Direct twice a year with the content that would be scattered across multiple directs

If that is the case, 15 to 30 min directs spread through the year would be preferable to 2 large one hour directs.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Look, I know us in the West all hated this last direct, but it had a LOT of announcements in it that were appealing to Asian gamers. I know we like to think we are all that matters, those of us living in NA and Europe, but Japan, Korea, China, etc. all matter too. So this last direct wasn't bad it just didn't include much I cared for.

Dulfite said:

Look, I know us in the West all hated this last direct, but it had a LOT of announcements in it that were appealing to Asian gamers. I know we like to think we are all that matters, those of us living in NA and Europe, but Japan, Korea, China, etc. all matter too. So this last direct wasn't bad it just didn't include much I cared for.

This thread is not for ranting against the last direct though. We already have a bunch of other thread to this...

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I like both, but I prefer big directs. There are usually several things I am somewhat interested in with every big direct. With mini directs they are more hit and miss. I definitely look forward more to the big directs, because I know there are going to be a few interesting reveals in there.

Yeah, I remember last July Direct was a... disaster. I guess they only made it to announce SMT V when they could perfectly included Origami King and maybe even Pikmin 3 deluxe

Big Directs, but with actually interesting things to show.

Yesterday's Direct was pretty good. Splatoon 3, Skyward Sword HD, Mario Golf Super Rush, Pyra in Smash, Famicom Detective Club 1 and 2... I had quite some fun watching it.

I hate questions like this because the answer is always going to be context sensitive. I have no reason to draw a line in the sand and say "I ONLY WANT big directs!" just like I don't have any reason to the say the opposite either. It's obviously based on the content which they do or do not have to show. Even the way Nintendo names these directs is partially based on that. Pretty sure one of their mini directs was as long as a "full" direct.

In the case of yesterday, I would have preferred the direct to be much shorter.