By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 3 announced, coming 2022

Easily the most exciting announcement of the Direct for me. I'm a massive Splatoon fan, and really delved in depth into all that 2 had to offer. It's an incredibly deep game with some of the best movement in literally any video game, Nintendo and otherwise. I don't think it gets nearly enough credit despite its popularity. What we've seen of this looks really cool although I do question why they would announce this so far ahead of time, especially when we are assumedly getting some sort of big holiday title still that hasn't been shown yet. (Or at least I hope so)

Around the Network

Immeasurably hyped. I’m ready for 2022.

I'm super hyped for this. Splatoon is an awesome franchise

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

It's strange to release a sequel for this game. But as Splatton 2 is my most played switch game you bet I'm going to get this.

I hope they add some new mechanics (like the grinding mechanic that is present in the SP in splatoon 2 but not in the MP)

Poliwrathlord said:

Incredibly hyped for this.
Surprised everyone thought this was going to be for the next console. Not only is Switch going to be around for a while, the devs behind Splatoon 2 stopped updating the game in 2019. What did you think they were working on this whole time?

Isn't the same team who worked on Ring Fit Adventure ?

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network

I was expecting a single player spnoff, but this works too, I guess.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

SKMBlake said:
Poliwrathlord said:

Incredibly hyped for this.
Surprised everyone thought this was going to be for the next console. Not only is Switch going to be around for a while, the devs behind Splatoon 2 stopped updating the game in 2019. What did you think they were working on this whole time?

Isn't the same team who worked on Ring Fit Adventure ?

They're different teams. Some of the devs do work on Animal Crossing though, but not the whole team. Ring Fit was developed by the team who made Nintendo LABO.

I didn't get Splatoon 2 for the sole reason that I was disappointed in the campaign on the original . Did 2 have a decent story mode? 3 looks like it may focus on story mode more. I like multiplayer games, but I prefer it if they also have a good single player campaign.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Immeasurably hyped. I’m ready for 2022.

Will you be spending thousands of hours in this one too? ;)

Being 5 years since the last game released , hopefully ‘3’ will be more of a full blown sequel that does something different and has more of its own identity than ‘2’ - which felt more like ‘1’ with a few more bells and whistles. ‘1.5’ if you will. Which isn’t surprising because it was rushed out in just 2 years so that the Switch would have another big title for Year 1.