By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 3 announced, coming 2022

Gotta admit, I was sure this was one they'd save for Switch 2.

Hoping for a single player component as good or better than the first two games!

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 February 2021

Around the Network

So Nintendo can announce stuff early it seems. Though it is weird to have a a year for Splatoon 3 before Zelda Botw 2.

I play Splatoon more for the multiplayer and doesn't bother much with story mode

I hope they implement more gears and more ranked battle systems

This is a game that I will wait for news that it sold at least some million copies until I get one. Nothing worse than get a multiplayer game with small userbase 

Same. Now, if Nintendo is willing to release Splatoon 3 on the Switch and effectively kill Splatoon 2 sales, it's starting to make me reconsider the whole "Mario Kart 9 isn't coming to the Switch" deal.

After the zelda news I was thinking what other big game they are waiting to revealed at the end. Didnt expect it to be Splatoon. But I am super Hype. The Bow looks great and more character options is great too.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Incredibly hyped for this.
Surprised everyone thought this was going to be for the next console. Not only is Switch going to be around for a while, the devs behind Splatoon 2 stopped updating the game in 2019. What did you think they were working on this whole time?

Poliwrathlord said:

Incredibly hyped for this.
Surprised everyone thought this was going to be for the next console. Not only is Switch going to be around for a while, the devs behind Splatoon 2 stopped updating the game in 2019. What did you think they were working on this whole time?

I figured that since Splatoon has become one of Nintendo's biggest IP's at this point that it went into Mario Kart territory where one mainline game would release per gen (aside from spin-offs) as it's going to continue to be an evergreen for the system's lifespan so a sequel wouldn't necessarily be needed yet and would be better for helping push the next console 

gotta be honest I would have preferred it on the Switch 2 for a better graphical leap at least 

hmmm they shouldve waited for launch of switch 2. I have little interest in this on the same console.

At least we know the switch pro is coming.

Last edited by BlackBeauty - on 17 February 2021

I notice you can Switch™ weapons in-game.  Also, based on the trailer, it's looking like Nintendo is going to put a heavier emphasis on the single player campaign compared to the throwaway ones for the first two entries (not counting Octo Expansion). If they do that, in addition to making significant additions to multiplayer then I can see it selling 15m.  I hope the reason they announced it this early is because they plan on it being an early 2022 release.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 17 February 2021