By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct League (Results in! K98632 current Champion)

Here's my two cents:
-New Smash reveal.
-N64 releases for the online service
-A looooot of indies. At least half of the games shown will be indies or new content for indies.
-New info about Pokemon Snap
-New info about Bravely Default II
-Xenoblade Chronicles X port.
-NO BAYONETTA 3. That's for E3.
-Some Capcom game, either a port or a collection.
-Resident Evil VIII Cloud version
-Persona 5 or Persona 4. Something Persona.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:
Dulfite said:

For those guessing Smash character please provid a specific character or at least from what specific game it comes from to count. We ALL know a smash character is coming lol, therefore that isn't new.

Ok. I commented a few entries back. If it isn't too much of a pain for you my prediction (Hope!) is karate Joe. I can always edit if it makes it easier for you.

Yeah it would make it easier to just edit it, thanks! When its over I'm going to be scrolling through and mentally disregarding any posts that don't have predictions.

My predictions:
-New Kid Icarus game announced
-New Starfox game announced
-New Kirby game announced
-Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remake announced.
-Metroid Prime 4 trailer dropped.
-Breath of the Wild 2 release date announced.

- New game from Monolith Soft

Last edited by Dulfite - on 17 February 2021

Mnementh said:
peachbuggy said:

Ok. I commented a few entries back. If it isn't too much of a pain for you my prediction (Hope!) is karate Joe. I can always edit if it makes it easier for you.

Ha, your avatar for Smash and Rhythm Heaven Forever launching today for Switch!

BTW, there is a video for Rhythm Girl in Smash.

EDIT: To be clear, this is not my prediction for the league, that one is some posts above.

We can only hope!

I watched the video and enjoyed the first 4 minutes-ish, until he disregarded Karate Joe for a generic AF "Rhythm girl"  >:(

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Dulfite said:
peachbuggy said:

Yeah it would make it easier to just edit it, thanks! When its over I'm going to be scrolling through and mentally disregarding any posts that don't have predictions.

Done!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

Skyward Sword announced in one form or another
Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (Wii U versions) to Switch
N64 added to online service
Rare Replay announced
A Tomb Raider related announcement (either collection of older games or port(s) from the latest reboot trilogy)
Hell, why not throw Lara Croft as a Smash character in there
Tony Hawk 1-2 announced

Last edited by drbunnig - on 17 February 2021

JWeinCom said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Yeah, I was expecting more or less a copy of his MvC3 moveset for Smash.

And he's by far not the only one not suited for a fighting game and feeling out of place. Duck-Hunt Dog and Piranha Plant were bigger shockers in that regard than Phoenix Wright ever could be now.

Duck Hunt Dog I think is warranted just on the basis of his importance to Nintendo history. I think the Zapper was a big part of the NES, and DHD represents pretty much all of the light gun games.

Piranha plant is more apt. There's nothing wrong with having out of place characters in a game like Smash, but we already have a few, and we already have Phoenix who was done really well in UMVC3. So, it's hard to get too excited to play as him here. 

It's okay, I'm just running out of potential characters for Smash that wouldn't be close to a clone (if not outright a moveset clone) of somebody else. 

-New Smash character announced and Sakurai demonstrates (my guess Crash Bandicoot or a gen 8 Pokemon)

-Bravely Default is shown off

-Pokemon Snap is shown off 

-Monster Hunter Rise shown off

-Monster Hunter Stories 2 shown off 

-Persona 5 Strikers gets mentioned

-Resident Evil VIII cloud edition announced

-Disgaea 6 is shown off

-Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games announced for NSO. Doug Bowser devilishly teases us with localization of Mother 3.

-Skyward Sword HD and ports of TP and WW HD announced as celebration of Zelda's 35th anniversary

-BoTW 2 shown off, still with no mention of release window

-New Mario Golf game announced and shown off with trailer

-Splatoon 3 teased

-No mention of Metroid Prime 4 or Bayonetta 3

1. New Smash character: Arthur from Ghost 'n' Goblins
2. A 2D Zelda dungeon crawler with NES graphics and online mutliplayer for the 35th anniversary
3. Gameboy games for NSO
4.Trailers for Monster Hunter Rise, Bravely Default II, New Pokemon Snap, Persona 5 Strikers, No More Heores 3 and Shin Megami Tensei 5
5. A trailer for Silk Song with release date
6. A montage of more upcoming indies
7. A new Kirby game
8. More info on Breath of the Wild 2, like a short clip and the final name reveal

- Link's Crossbow training HD
- Wii Party U deluxe
- Metroid Federation Force 2
- Devil's Fourth