By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the 2nd best racing game song behind Daytona Let's Go Away?

Mandalore76 said:

This is my all-time favorite racing music track:

From Kemco's Top Gear on SNES.

I was about to post that so here's a remix.

Around the Network

Love this song from RR4, but it's only in the opening.

Anyway, this game has a fantastic soundtrack too! ;)

Any song from F Zero X...

I don't necessarily have a favorite, but the entire SNES F-Zero soundtrack and most tracks from Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 still remain my favorite and most memorable ones.

Totally forgot about this one even though its still the best opening for a Forza Motorsport game.

Around the Network

Pearl Blue Soul from R4 Ridge Racer Type 4.

d21lewis said:

My phone isn't showing any of the videos that you guys are posting but I love "As Heaven is Wide" from the original Gran Turismo soundtrack. I hope somebody posted that one.

mjk45 said:

and just for d21lewis

Garbage are great! They had a song in both GT1 and GT2. GT2's is I Think I'm Paranoid:

I always thought The Cardigans' My Favourite Game was such a fitting song for GT2 as well (even though it wasn't actually my favourite game, it still felt perfect):

My name Is actually Sega Saturn Heart , I'll put these.

I game on all consoles and PC

WipEout 2097 is full of amazingly fitting songs. The hard techno element of the soundtrack fits the futuristic setting, the underground origins of a lot of artists are perfectly suited to the almost subversive vibe the game had back then, and the tempo of the songs when they synched with your zig-zagging through the track made you feel like a fucking gaming god when you managed to avoid contact with the walls for a long period of time.

The best one? Probably the instrumental remix of Firestarter by The Prodigy:

The Chemical Brothers' Loops of Fury is also a great track to race to in WipEout:

Goes with gameplay 0;40 mark

Night stage sound beautiful

Also initial d arcade by Sega

I game on all consoles and PC