By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry: Control PS5 vs Xbox Series

Trade those blows!

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

Trade those blows!

I think most expect that for the entire gen. Dont understand why some expect the xbox to be ahead in everything going foward. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

shikamaru317 said:

Kind of strange that the PS5's faster SSD isn't really improving load times compared to Series S and X on this game. The fastest load time DF got was actually on Series S, though only by a fraction of a second.

Even stranger since the game is half the size on PS5. (well 42% smaller) Disk I/O isn't the limiting factor obviously.

11 seconds sounds like a dream anyway. It takes my laptop nearly 7 minutes to go from desktop to in the air in FS2020, installed on a 2.8 GB/s SSD. 7 minutes at that speed is nearly 1.2 terrabytes of data :) It can read the entire game (115 GB) in 41 seconds.

Nice to see PS5 come out on top for this one.

DonFerrari said:

So PS5 outperformed Xbox yet again and another bug time.

Funny how you skipped a bunch of more recent comparisons, where the Series X had the edge.  This comment shows you have either been under a rock, or willfully ignoring Hitman 3, next gen patch for Fallen Order, etc.

In any case, this edge goes to PS5.  Been a while, but that stutter in performance mode on the Series X cannot be ignored.  Hopefully it gets patched.  I will probably play it with RT on, since it seems to be pretty rock solid.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
TallSilhouette said:

Trade those blows!

I think most expect that for the entire gen. Dont understand why some expect the xbox to be ahead in everything going foward. 

Yeah both devices have strengths/weaknesses.  I can easily see them trading blows much more than previous gens, making comparisons much more interesting as a whole.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

foodfather said:

So SS can't even do 1080p native now for last gen games. SMH.

Yeah my confidence in its ability to handle big demanding games 5-7 years from now in an ok fashion is diminishing. I expect rough performance from it in a few years in big games. 

The only issues on both versions (crushed blacks for PS5, stuttering for XSX) will be fixed with patches according to Remedy.

SvennoJ said:
shikamaru317 said:

Kind of strange that the PS5's faster SSD isn't really improving load times compared to Series S and X on this game. The fastest load time DF got was actually on Series S, though only by a fraction of a second.

Even stranger since the game is half the size on PS5. (well 42% smaller) Disk I/O isn't the limiting factor obviously.

11 seconds sounds like a dream anyway. It takes my laptop nearly 7 minutes to go from desktop to in the air in FS2020, installed on a 2.8 GB/s SSD. 7 minutes at that speed is nearly 1.2 terrabytes of data :) It can read the entire game (115 GB) in 41 seconds.

According to PotentHerbs , Gamespot had the PS5 taking 5 seconds to load from the title screen and DF was quoting fast travel loading times , so who knows whats what.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:

According to PotentHerbs , Gamespot had the PS5 taking 5 seconds to load from the title screen and DF was quoting fast travel loading times , so who knows whats what.

That doesn't add anything to this conversation unless gamespot also test the Series S/X from the title screen. DF tested all three. You can't compare if you only test one platform.