By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spanish HW & SW sales from 04/01/2021 to 10/01/2021

Bofferbrauer2 said:
RolStoppable said:

Numbers like these shed light on why PS5s are hard to buy at MSRP. It's not because there's all-time high demand, it's because supply is atrocious.

Yeah, in light of the pandemic and the ensuing production troubles, both Microsoft and Sony should really have delayed the launch of their consoles by a couple months to make sure they'd have enough to not get absolutely crushed by demand.

Jranation said:

They should have done a March release launch like the Switch. The holidays wouldnt matter since it will be all sold out anyway.

But look at it this way, if they had delayed until March they probably would have had 7-8 million units stockpiled, which would have sold in one month, but the thing is that they will probably sell that amount of units by that date anyway; and they are selling software in the meantime, I mean, just look at Microsoft's quarter report, Xbox Content and Services revenue this quarter was higher than total Xbox Gaming revenue in the same quarter last year.

Besides, given how messed up the distribution channels are at this moment, I don't think they would have been able to ship more than 4 million units in one month anyway.

Around the Network

Tbh this is atrocious, I was very lucky to have gotten a ps5 from walmart after they did their anti scalper thing, but I have been trying to get another and it’s still as hard as it can be. One thing is selling out and selling 20k in spain with switch, another thing is selling 1/9th of the last gen ps4. Either covid has been an absolute disaster for them, or the console is just horrible to make. Because iphone 12 and switch have not had any stock issues, and sell outs mean record breaking sales, not 450 units .

mM

Spain is such a boring market.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:

Next gen sales in Spain is such a are boring market.

Fixed.

polofresco said:
Eagle367 said:

Next gen sales in Spain is such a are boring market.

Fixed.

Nah I meant the gaming tastes. So boring.

Around the Network

Bye!

Eagle367 said:

polofresco said:

Fixed.

polofresco said:

Bye!

Eagle367 said:

What do you mean? Do you think Fifa and Just dance are exciting?

chakkra said:
RolStoppable said:

Numbers like these shed light on why PS5s are hard to buy at MSRP. It's not because there's all-time high demand, it's because supply is atrocious.

And couldn't be both? I mean, we won't really know until they are finally able to manufacture enough units.

In theory it could be both, so if you want to feel optimistic about it, you are free to do so.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Darwinianevolution said:
kazuyamishima said:

There were less than 1000 units between Series S/X and PS5. People will buy more next gen games when stock is higher again and will happen on the week ending January 23rd.

The same effect happened in the UK, once retailers received more PS5 units Games like Demon’s Souls remake and miles Morales (PS5 Version) saw a big increase in sales. 

And that's another question. What has happened to Sony/MS to mismanage their production this badly? I get there are problems to launch hardware globally this days, but if you're only going to sell a couple of hundred copies in some of the product's biggest markets, why even bother launching? Hell, if they were so low on consoles, why launch the system in all countries at once, instead of piecemeal?

And people will still claim the launch of the PS5/XBox X is a success...

Official delays set a bad taste in people's mouths. Europe was enraged when PS3 launche in march, I even heard people complain about the 1 week delay this time round as well. Unlike an official delay, Poor supply is typically not perceived on the consumer end, they just know something is sold out/in demand.

More than anything, this really speaks on sony in particular sacrificing presence in many markets to ward of Xbox in US/UK. Either that or US/UK are shown to be bigger consumers compared to other regions and so there simply prioritising where they will make most money from software/services & accessories. The only reason i can think of why shipments are so poorly spread