By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spanish HW & SW sales from 04/01/2021 to 10/01/2021

Tbh this is atrocious, I was very lucky to have gotten a ps5 from walmart after they did their anti scalper thing, but I have been trying to get another and it’s still as hard as it can be. One thing is selling out and selling 20k in spain with switch, another thing is selling 1/9th of the last gen ps4. Either covid has been an absolute disaster for them, or the console is just horrible to make. Because iphone 12 and switch have not had any stock issues, and sell outs mean record breaking sales, not 450 units .

mM
Around the Network

Spain is such a boring market.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:

Next gen sales in Spain is such a are boring market.

Fixed.

polofresco said:
Eagle367 said:

Next gen sales in Spain is such a are boring market.

Fixed.

Nah I meant the gaming tastes. So boring.

Bye!

Eagle367 said:

polofresco said:

Fixed.

Around the Network
polofresco said:

Bye!

Eagle367 said:

What do you mean? Do you think Fifa and Just dance are exciting?

Darwinianevolution said:
kazuyamishima said:

There were less than 1000 units between Series S/X and PS5. People will buy more next gen games when stock is higher again and will happen on the week ending January 23rd.

The same effect happened in the UK, once retailers received more PS5 units Games like Demon’s Souls remake and miles Morales (PS5 Version) saw a big increase in sales. 

And that's another question. What has happened to Sony/MS to mismanage their production this badly? I get there are problems to launch hardware globally this days, but if you're only going to sell a couple of hundred copies in some of the product's biggest markets, why even bother launching? Hell, if they were so low on consoles, why launch the system in all countries at once, instead of piecemeal?

And people will still claim the launch of the PS5/XBox X is a success...

Official delays set a bad taste in people's mouths. Europe was enraged when PS3 launche in march, I even heard people complain about the 1 week delay this time round as well. Unlike an official delay, Poor supply is typically not perceived on the consumer end, they just know something is sold out/in demand.

More than anything, this really speaks on sony in particular sacrificing presence in many markets to ward of Xbox in US/UK. Either that or US/UK are shown to be bigger consumers compared to other regions and so there simply prioritising where they will make most money from software/services & accessories. The only reason i can think of why shipments are so poorly spread

Eagle367 said:
polofresco said:

Bye!

I'm not a fan of any of those games but I have seen people playing them and I can tell you that they seemed to be having a ton of fun while doing it. Maybe people find fun in different things?

chakkra said:
Eagle367 said:

I'm not a fan of any of those games but I have seen people playing them and I can tell you that they seemed to be having a ton of fun while doing it. Maybe people find fun in different things?

No if they have fun go for it. Everyone should play what they have fun with. Still doesn't mean it's not a boring market.