By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spanish HW & SW sales from 04/01/2021 to 10/01/2021

Someone whould mark this on the calendar, it may the one of the rare occasions where the Xbox X/S sell more than PS5.

Other than that, I'm still surprised GTA V is still up there after so many years. Unbelievable.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Someone whould mark this on the calendar, it may the one of the rare occasions where the Xbox X/S sell more than PS5.

Other than that, I'm still surprised GTA V is still up there after so many years. Unbelievable.

They're buying the game with their bread. It can't be explained otherwise for an eight-years old game.



heavenmercenary01 said:
JEMC said:

Someone whould mark this on the calendar, it may the one of the rare occasions where the Xbox X/S sell more than PS5.

Other than that, I'm still surprised GTA V is still up there after so many years. Unbelievable.

They're buying the game with their bread. It can't be explained otherwise for an eight-years old game.

It's the same in the US, for example, and also on Steam.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The fact we're in the middle of a console launch yet no next gen games are in the top ten baffles me. You'd think they would be buying anything to play on their new machines, yet it's the same as every other week...



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

The fact we're in the middle of a console launch yet no next gen games are in the top ten baffles me. You'd think they would be buying anything to play on their new machines, yet it's the same as every other week...

There were less than 1000 units between Series S/X and PS5. People will buy more next gen games when stock is higher again and will happen on the week ending January 23rd.

The same effect happened in the UK, once retailers received more PS5 units Games like Demon’s Souls remake and miles Morales (PS5 Version) saw a big increase in sales. 



Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
Darwinianevolution said:

The fact we're in the middle of a console launch yet no next gen games are in the top ten baffles me. You'd think they would be buying anything to play on their new machines, yet it's the same as every other week...

There were less than 1000 units between Series S/X and PS5. People will buy more next gen games when stock is higher again and will happen on the week ending January 23rd.

The same effect happened in the UK, once retailers received more PS5 units Games like Demon’s Souls remake and miles Morales (PS5 Version) saw a big increase in sales. 

And that's another question. What has happened to Sony/MS to mismanage their production this badly? I get there are problems to launch hardware globally this days, but if you're only going to sell a couple of hundred copies in some of the product's biggest markets, why even bother launching? Hell, if they were so low on consoles, why launch the system in all countries at once, instead of piecemeal?

And people will still claim the launch of the PS5/XBox X is a success...



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

RolStoppable said:

Numbers like these shed light on why PS5s are hard to buy at MSRP. It's not because there's all-time high demand, it's because supply is atrocious.

Yeah, in light of the pandemic and the ensuing production troubles, both Microsoft and Sony should really have delayed the launch of their consoles by a couple months to make sure they'd have enough to not get absolutely crushed by demand.



heavenmercenary01 said:

Imagine a world without FIFA, CoD or GTA. in this kind of world, there will be no european market at all.

According to this week's software chart if you took out FIFA, GTA and Assassin's Creed, then everyone would be buying Switch games.



They should have done a March release launch like the Switch. The holidays wouldnt matter since it will be all sold out anyway.



Pocky Lover Boy! 

RolStoppable said:

Numbers like these shed light on why PS5s are hard to buy at MSRP. It's not because there's all-time high demand, it's because supply is atrocious.

And couldn't be both? I mean, we won't really know until they are finally able to manufacture enough units.