By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spanish HW & SW sales from 04/01/2021 to 10/01/2021

Otter said:

More than anything, this really speaks on sony in particular sacrificing presence in many markets to ward of Xbox in US/UK. Either that or US/UK are shown to be bigger consumers compared to other regions and so there simply prioritising where they will make most money from software/services & accessories. The only reason i can think of why shipments are so poorly spread

The USA and the UK have the biggest per consumer spending.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
polofresco said:

Bye!

What do you mean? Do you think Fifa and Just dance are exciting?

I'm not a fan of any of those games but I have seen people playing them and I can tell you that they seemed to be having a ton of fun while doing it. Maybe people find fun in different things?



chakkra said:
Eagle367 said:

What do you mean? Do you think Fifa and Just dance are exciting?

I'm not a fan of any of those games but I have seen people playing them and I can tell you that they seemed to be having a ton of fun while doing it. Maybe people find fun in different things?

No if they have fun go for it. Everyone should play what they have fun with. Still doesn't mean it's not a boring market.



Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

RolStoppable said:

Numbers like these shed light on why PS5s are hard to buy at MSRP. It's not because there's all-time high demand, it's because supply is atrocious.

Lol, how would all of those millions of consoles have gotten bought if the demand wasn't so high? And continue to sell out within mins. Let me guess, all scalpers? Now, how would those scalpers, which probably only make up 10%-20% of sales, be getting $700 for a digital PS5 and $900 for a disc version if there wasn't high demand?

You just keep that false hope alive that the PS5 isn't going to be another PS4 success.



thismeintiel said:
RolStoppable said:

Numbers like these shed light on why PS5s are hard to buy at MSRP. It's not because there's all-time high demand, it's because supply is atrocious.

Lol, how would all of those millions of consoles have gotten bought if the demand wasn't so high? And continue to sell out within mins. Let me guess, all scalpers? Now, how would those scalpers, which probably only make up 10%-20% of sales, be getting $700 for a digital PS5 and $900 for a disc version if there wasn't high demand?

You just keep that false hope alive that the PS5 isn't going to be another PS4 success.

My actual point is as simple as the PS5 is going to fall behind the PS4 launch-aligned, so the people who believe that the PS5 is bound to do even better than the PS4 because of sellouts will be in for unpleasant news rather soon.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

Three Kings Day Holiday in Spain was this week.

This was the first time I read the name of that festivity in English and (for no particular reason) it sounded really weird to me. And (for no particular reason) I feel now the need to say it.

heavenmercenary01 said:
JEMC said:

Someone whould mark this on the calendar, it may the one of the rare occasions where the Xbox X/S sell more than PS5.

Other than that, I'm still surprised GTA V is still up there after so many years. Unbelievable.

They're buying the game with their bread. It can't be explained otherwise for an eight-years old game.

Buying a copy of GTA V is already a tradition here, to the extent that people will disapprove of you if you don't buy a new one at least once a week.



I have periods of social disconnection, it's a part of me that I need and keenly embrace. I'll still log in and read news and threads during those times, but I won't be (very) active on the site, so I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause (late answers, bumps or the like).

Also...

Please, feel free to correct my English.

Verter said:
Signalstar said:

Three Kings Day Holiday in Spain was this week.

This was the first time I read the name of that festivity in English and (for no particular reason) it sounded really weird to me. And (for no particular reason) I feel now the need to say it.

"Los Reyes Magos" are also called the "Three Wise Men" in English.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

RolStoppable said:
thismeintiel said:

Lol, how would all of those millions of consoles have gotten bought if the demand wasn't so high? And continue to sell out within mins. Let me guess, all scalpers? Now, how would those scalpers, which probably only make up 10%-20% of sales, be getting $700 for a digital PS5 and $900 for a disc version if there wasn't high demand?

You just keep that false hope alive that the PS5 isn't going to be another PS4 success.

My actual point is as simple as the PS5 is going to fall behind the PS4 launch-aligned, so the people who believe that the PS5 is bound to do even better than the PS4 because of sellouts will be in for unpleasant news rather soon.

Agreed. Microsoft and Nintendo have a strong position in your respective homelands/adjacent market. Microsoft will have better performance in US/UK and Nintendo will have better performance in JP/East Asia. 



JEMC said:

"Los Reyes Magos" are also called the "Three Wise Men" in English.

Three Wise Men, yes! I didn't remember that one.

All this got me curious, so I made a couple of quick searches and, if I had to translate the names, I'd personally use Three Wise Men for the Kings and Epiphany for the festivity. Not that this matters, anyway (it's a pretty useless and irrelevant piece of information), but there it is.



I have periods of social disconnection, it's a part of me that I need and keenly embrace. I'll still log in and read news and threads during those times, but I won't be (very) active on the site, so I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause (late answers, bumps or the like).

Also...

Please, feel free to correct my English.