By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To prepare for RE Village, I will play through the entire Resident Evil franchise in chronological order (Current game: RE0)

RE2 remake is one of best games I've played.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:

Ah, have fun with that! I replayed RE0 myself last year. The early games in the series with the tank controls and heavy emphasis on puzzle solving are all very good games. 4, 5 and 6 are more action games but still good nontheless. How's your impression of RE0 so far?

I’ve barely started RE0. I’ll probably play through The Medium before I really get into the RE play through.

I've been busy with other games. As always, Dead by Daylight. Finished The Medium. Got back into Apex and Slay the Spire. Also a little bit of Warzone and Hunt. Currently have Ass Creed and Control UE on my XSX backlog. I know Ass Creed is a super meaty game, everyone I know that have tackled it say it takes damn near 100 hours. Idk if it will even take 100 hours to play through the RE franchise.

I am a couple hours into RE0. I'm a little past the first scorpion boss, which I know is actually not far into the game at all if you know what you are doing. I can see why RE is popular with replays and speed runs. I almost deleted the game because of the archaic design. One of the first enemy encounters are dogs and because of the camera angle, you can't even see them. I also forgot that part of RE is conserving ammo and not blasting through everything.

There's a winter storm currently destroying Texas, I might be a pussy and stay home from work, idk. I'm going to try to wrap this one up soon and move on to the original RE.

Im doing the Yakuza series. Loved Yakuza: Like A Dragon so much that I wanted more. Played through Judgment which was ok. Kiwami 1 and 2 which were great. But 3, 4, and 5 were a bit of a slog tbh. Especially 3 and 5. Only 0 and 6 left.

I’m about halfway through RE0 now. I’m struggling to finish it both because I have so many other games to play, and RE0 has not aged well at all. I really hate the controls. And the antiquated save system.

Around the Network

Just finished Leon's route in RE2 Remake, amazing game.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Fun fact. Code Veronica is the actual RE:3 where as RE:3 was suppose to be the spin-off. Sega lost the marketing battle with Sony so Sony managed to use the number 3 for the game where as Sega was made out to look like they had the spin off.

It also explains why Code Veronica is a much better game than RE:3.

Google,

Last edited by Azzanation - on 28 March 2021

Azzanation said:

It also explains why Code Veronica is a much better game than RE3.

I'd have to disagree there. I much prefer RE3. Played through it countless times. Don't think I've revisited CV since I first completed it.

drbunnig said:
Azzanation said:

It also explains why Code Veronica is a much better game than RE3.

I'd have to disagree there. I much prefer RE3. Played through it countless times. Don't think I've revisited CV since I first completed it.

RE:3 wasn't a bad game at all, however on a budget and scope RE:CV is a much bigger title and was meant to be the 3rd mainline RE game. RE:3 was suppose to be the spin off but marketing rights changed the order. 

A good example is look at the game lengths on both games. RE:CV took about 17 hours to complete compared to RE:3's 7 hours etc.

Zero is personally my favorite Resident Evil game. Umbrella Corps is so awful, there's absolutely no reason to play through it. It does have a campaign and it's really bad. It's called The Experiment. 6 is awful too. Better than Umbrella Corps, but still really really bad.