By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 1, 2021 (Dec 28 - Jan 03)

Tagged games:

Jumpin said:
Agente42 said:

3ds is the worst  Nintendo portable. But the worst portable Nintendo is good enough yet.

Worst performing, yes. A lot of that has to do with market forces. Worst in general, the original GBA says hi.

While the original 3DS couldn’t do 3D correctly without aiming it at a certain angle, the GBA couldn’t do visuals (as in you couldn’t see anything on the goddamn screen) without aiming it at a certain angle of a bright external light source.

With some retrospective you Can Say that ( now in 2021). But back in the days and especially After experiencing the original GB/GBC , was the GBA really an issue? In fact the SP model was the step forward. It was like a Dream come true. 

Like i Said, it's only now that we have become able to judge the GBA compared to its successors. Whereas, the 3DS was somehow a let down and it was as confusing as the WiiU, with people thinking that it was a New DS model with useless 3D that made the console expensive for an option that everyone turned off later on.

GBA didnt start as a Bad console unlike the 3DS that everybody thought that something is wrong about it in all the aspects.

Around the Network
Agente42 said:
Norion said:

In Japan specifically the price was actually dropped by a higher amount than other places, in the US it went from $250 to $170 but in terms of dollars it went from $250 to $150 there so it was actually literally half the cost of the Switch when disregarding inflation.

3ds is the worst  Nintendo portable. But the worst portable Nintendo is good enough yet.

This depends on if the Virtual Boy is considered among Nintendo's portables or not.

Norion said:
Agente42 said:

This depends on if the Virtual Boy is considered among Nintendo's portables or not.

The virtual boy is not portable, the only way u can play anywhere is strapon on your face and bumping everywhere. 

heavenmercenary01 said:
Jumpin said:

Worst performing, yes. A lot of that has to do with market forces. Worst in general, the original GBA says hi.

While the original 3DS couldn’t do 3D correctly without aiming it at a certain angle, the GBA couldn’t do visuals (as in you couldn’t see anything on the goddamn screen) without aiming it at a certain angle of a bright external light source.

With some retrospective you Can Say that ( now in 2021). But back in the days and especially After experiencing the original GB/GBC , was the GBA really an issue? In fact the SP model was the step forward. It was like a Dream come true. 

Like i Said, it's only now that we have become able to judge the GBA compared to its successors. Whereas, the 3DS was somehow a let down and it was as confusing as the WiiU, with people thinking that it was a New DS model with useless 3D that made the console expensive for an option that everyone turned off later on.

GBA didnt start as a Bad console unlike the 3DS that everybody thought that something is wrong about it in all the aspects.

Bold: i could say the same about New 3DS and New 2DS.

Agente42 said:
Norion said:

The virtual boy is not portable, the only way u can play anywhere is strapon on your face and bumping everywhere. 

I think it's kinda portable but that thing is such an outlier not counting it is fine by me.

Around the Network
heavenmercenary01 said:
Jumpin said:

The GBA problem, the screen is an example, it's not the fundamental problem. GBA SP  solves this problem. It.s not a game direction. 

The 3DS free glass thing is a big problem and a fundamental one. Alienate chunks of Nintendo usual consumers and make games have a focus on this. The price tag is a sensation of premium because 3d thing, but the public not see that way. And Nintendo need to slash the price. 

Norion said:
Agente42 said:

I think it's kinda portable but that thing is such an outlier not counting it is fine by me.

it's a tabletop console. Have portability, but not a portable per se.

Midway through it's life according to Nintendo and Switch is already the #8 best selling system of all time in Japan.

This year it should overtake PS1, NES, and PSP there.

Ring Fit vs Wii Fit

Wii Fit - 3.561.787

Ring Fit Adventure - 2.157.719 

Wii Fit Famitsu Sales:

• 2007: 818.166
  • 2008: 2.149.131
  • 2009: 588.258
  • 2010: 6.232

Ring Fit Adventure sales by Year:

• 2019: 495.639
  • 2020: 1.591.366
  • 2021: 70.714 

Ring Fit Adventure sales in Japan by Quarter:

• 2019 Q4: 495.639 (new)
  • 2020 Q1: 249.488 (-49.66%)
  • 2020 Q2: 328.387 (+31.62%)
  • 2020 Q3: 528.581 (+60.49%)
  • 2020 Q4: 484.820 (-8.27%)
  • 2021 Q1: 70.714 

Ring Fit again failed to reach it's true potential during the holidays in Japan, Nintendo could have easily shipped 1 million units but instead we see that the game is pretty much flat YoY. On Amazon.co.jp it continues to chart high and resell for about 30% over it's normal price. 

The stock situation during Q1 should allow it to get above 500K units, so by April the gap between Ring Fit and Wii Fit will be less than 1 million units. 

So for NSW to make thjngs interesting I made a NSW year 5 vs 3DS year5+6 combine to showcase how far past NSW will do towards 3DS lifetime sales (25mil)

Also made a prediction that 2021>2020 . It’s extremely optimistic sure but I think there is a chance even if it’s under 5% lol.

I’ll post it here soon... for the time being, take a look at this......

H1 NSW/3DS life cycle (Q1+Q2)

2667k: NSW (2020)
2285k: 3DS (2012)
1957k: 3DS (2013)
1484k: NSW (2019)
1168k: NSW (2018)
1065k: 3DS (2014)
1041k: NSW (2017)
933k: 3DS (2015)

I think NSW needs at least 2250k+ to be in competition with 2020 numbers if it wants a chance to win