By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 1, 2021 (Dec 28 - Jan 03)

Tagged games:

deerox said:

For comparison, this is what the chart looked like 7 weeks into the ps4's life: https://www.gematsu.com/2014/04/media-create-sales-33114-4614

  1. [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo, 03/20/14) – 47,106 (257,873)
  2. [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4 (Tecmo Koei, 03/20/14) – 25,572 (192,514)
  3. [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 23,663 (686,387)
  4. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami, 03/20/14) – 20,799 (179,031)
  5. [Wii U] Just Dance Wii U (Nintendo, 04/03/14) – 18,403 (New)
  6. [PSV] Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F 2nd (Sega, 03/27/14) – 16,111 (114,738)
  7. [PS3] J-Stars Victory VS (Namco Bandai, 03/20/14) – 13,417 (114,738)
  8. [PSV] J-Stars Victory VS (Namco Bandai, 03/20/14) – 11,876 (134,522)
  9. [PS3] Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F 2nd (Sega, 03/27/14) – 10,278 (70,243)
  10. [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 (Konami, 03/20/14) – 10,081 (90,876)
  11. [PS3] Dark Souls II (FromSoftware, 03/13/14) – 9,924 (320,177)
  12. [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo, 01/11/14) – 9,914 (540,373)
  13. [3DS] Kaseki Horider: Mugen Gear (Nintendo, 02/27/14) – 9,704 (130,083)
  14. [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4 (Tecmo Koei, 03/20/14) – 9,603 (68,796)
  15. [3DS] Pokemon X and Y (Nintendo, 10/12/13) – 8,328 (4,023,294)
  16. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami, 03/20/14) – 7,859 (112,137)
  17. [PSP] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 (Konami, 03/20/14) – 7,576 (50,277)
  18. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys (Square Enix, 02/06/14) – 6,881 (768,483)
  19. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons Z (GungHo Online Entertainment, 12/12/13) – 6,787 (1,430,720)
  20. [PSV] Natural Doctrine (Kadokawa Games, 04/03/14) – 6,046 (New)                                      

 

  1. PlayStation Vita – 25,017
  2. 3DS LL – 22,947
  3. PlayStation 4 – 13,401
  4. PlayStation 3 – 10,871
  5. 3DS – 9,091 
  6. Wii U – 7,962 
  7. PSP – 2,892 
  8. PlayStation Vita TV – 1,371 
  9. Xbox 360 – 276

So PS5 has had a better 7th week than the PS4 (with 17k vs 13k) but it's worth noting that those are sales for the beginning of April where things are much slower than the first week of January (which includes the last days of December). Also, the week before PS4 was selling 23k, PS5 managed 12k last week.



Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Marth said:

Now live (text post will be later)

Week 52 2020:

https://www.famitsu.com/ranking/game-sales/last_week/

Top 30 Week 1 2021:

https://www.famitsu.com/ranking/game-sales/

Switch couldn't quite pull a shut out with 1 PS4 game near the bottom for both weeks.  Regardless, this is still nothing short of extreme Switch domination.



TruckOSaurus said:
deerox said:

For comparison, this is what the chart looked like 7 weeks into the ps4's life: https://www.gematsu.com/2014/04/media-create-sales-33114-4614

  1. [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo, 03/20/14) – 47,106 (257,873)
  2. [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4 (Tecmo Koei, 03/20/14) – 25,572 (192,514)
  3. [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 23,663 (686,387)
  4. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami, 03/20/14) – 20,799 (179,031)
  5. [Wii U] Just Dance Wii U (Nintendo, 04/03/14) – 18,403 (New)
  6. [PSV] Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F 2nd (Sega, 03/27/14) – 16,111 (114,738)
  7. [PS3] J-Stars Victory VS (Namco Bandai, 03/20/14) – 13,417 (114,738)
  8. [PSV] J-Stars Victory VS (Namco Bandai, 03/20/14) – 11,876 (134,522)
  9. [PS3] Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F 2nd (Sega, 03/27/14) – 10,278 (70,243)
  10. [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 (Konami, 03/20/14) – 10,081 (90,876)
  11. [PS3] Dark Souls II (FromSoftware, 03/13/14) – 9,924 (320,177)
  12. [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo, 01/11/14) – 9,914 (540,373)
  13. [3DS] Kaseki Horider: Mugen Gear (Nintendo, 02/27/14) – 9,704 (130,083)
  14. [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4 (Tecmo Koei, 03/20/14) – 9,603 (68,796)
  15. [3DS] Pokemon X and Y (Nintendo, 10/12/13) – 8,328 (4,023,294)
  16. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami, 03/20/14) – 7,859 (112,137)
  17. [PSP] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 (Konami, 03/20/14) – 7,576 (50,277)
  18. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys (Square Enix, 02/06/14) – 6,881 (768,483)
  19. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons Z (GungHo Online Entertainment, 12/12/13) – 6,787 (1,430,720)
  20. [PSV] Natural Doctrine (Kadokawa Games, 04/03/14) – 6,046 (New)                                      

 

  1. PlayStation Vita – 25,017
  2. 3DS LL – 22,947
  3. PlayStation 4 – 13,401
  4. PlayStation 3 – 10,871
  5. 3DS – 9,091 
  6. Wii U – 7,962 
  7. PSP – 2,892 
  8. PlayStation Vita TV – 1,371 
  9. Xbox 360 – 276

So PS5 has had a better 7th week than the PS4 (with 17k vs 13k) but it's worth noting that those are sales for the beginning of April where things are much slower than the first week of January (which includes the last days of December). Also, the week before PS4 was selling 23k, PS5 managed 12k last week.

17k is for the PS4…



theDX said:
TruckOSaurus said:

So PS5 has had a better 7th week than the PS4 (with 17k vs 13k) but it's worth noting that those are sales for the beginning of April where things are much slower than the first week of January (which includes the last days of December). Also, the week before PS4 was selling 23k, PS5 managed 12k last week.

17k is for the PS4…

Oh shit you're right, it's even worse!



Signature goes here!

Amazing Switch numbers, up yoy

Not the PS5 doing less than the PS4 i, is it really because the lack of stock?

500k physical sales in 2 months and a few days is really good for Pikmin 3 DX

Also, it won't be long until MK8DX outsells Splatoon 2.



Around the Network

Less than 7M machines between 3DS and switch, what the....
For sure it's gonna pass it



when is the famitsu year end chart gonna be released?



miqdadi said:

Less than 7M machines between 3DS and switch, what the....
For sure it's gonna pass it

Switch is actually still behind launch aligned. Just shows how much better legs Switch has had and what an amazing start the 3DS had.



tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Marth said:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild now has over 200 weeks of consecutive Top 30 appearances.

Deserved!!!!! The game that started it all! 



Pocky Lover Boy! 

brute said:
miqdadi said:

Less than 7M machines between 3DS and switch, what the....
For sure it's gonna pass it

Switch is actually still behind launch aligned. Just shows how much better legs Switch has had and what an amazing start the 3DS had.

It's worth noting that "amazing" start was only enabled by a massive emergency price cut that dropped it to almost half the cost of the Switch.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.