By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise digital event; demo out now

curl-6 said:

Watching videos of the demo, I think it's safe to say the footage we've gotten so far, which some folks insisted couldn't be running on Switch, was legit; the demo doesn't look blurry or downgraded compared to the trailers.

In fact it looks noticeably better than the footage shown in September; the grass in the shrine ruins field no longer pops in at close proximity to the player.

Even better, looking at multiple video measuring its framerate, it's already running smoother than Monster Hunter World did on base PS4/Xbone.

I was honestly impressed by how fantastic it looks and runs in the demo. It's super crisp and zero frame drops from what I could tell. Not surprising that a game built from the ground up for Switch would look and run better than what we generally see in ports, but it still impresses.

Around the Network

Maybe I haven't play enough, but it still isn't my cup of tea. I hated the past games. Traveling on a mount makes this more enjoyable, but I've always found the combat to be button mashing, confusing, and boring and that is still the case with this one. Glad for those that like it, and maybe I'll give it another chance.

Also, maybe it's just the demo, but getting on and just having quests to do is very unsatisfying to me. I want story, dialogue, a reason for hunting this specific thing at this specific time. If I don't have this, it feels like fulfilling an MMO side quest and that's not a good thing. If there is going to be those story components in the main game then they should have included some in the demo to sell this to a gamer like me. But maybe this is just a bug's reporting sort of demo goal and not marketing one?

Finally killed the Mizutsune with some friends, game is fun af.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

MH is def not my thing but Capcom did a miracle with this game's visuals on Switch.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Yeah with so many Switch games either up-res'd ports from older hardware or downgraded PS4 games, it's not that often we see a game built from the ground up for it that attempts a semi-realistic art style. 

I wouldn't say it's the very best looking game on Switch personally but it's definitely a strong debut showing for the potential of the RE Engine on the platform.

Around the Network

It runs and controls beautifully. March can't come soon enough