By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise digital event; demo out now

Holy guacamole, haven't been this hyped in years.

From the Wirebug moves to the new Palamute companions to the awesome new Monster designs to freaking Wyvern Riding, it just looks so insanely badass and fun.

They've really gone the extra mile to deliver a unique, bespoke experience rather than just Monster Hunter World Lite, and I frankly would've been more than happy with the latter, but this is even better.

The next 77 days is gonna feel like an eternity.

Around the Network

For those who want to try it, the demo is live now:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/375082-monster-hunter-rise-demo-now-available

Question: they said that the demo will be available until the 1st of February. Does anyone know if this means that it's downloadable until then, or that it's also only playable until then?

Flilix said:

Question: they said that the demo will be available until the 1st of February. Does anyone know if this means that it's downloadable until then, or that it's also only playable until then?

Downloadable and playable until then.

Once the date is reached, there will be no more demos available even downloaded ones.

Around the Network

I might try that demo. Never touched a Monster Hunter game in my life but this looks interesting.

Signature goes here!

The demo broke the eShop.

I've tried Monster Hunter games in the past but was never really able to get into them. I'm trying the demo for Rise and am enjoying it a lot more than the ones I already own, and it seems at least slightly easier to understand. Also the game is GORGEOUS. Probably top 5 best looking Switch games for me.

Looks interesting. Tried the demo of the current MH game on Switch and wasn't interested. Might try this one out though. Good to hear its apparently a fantastic implementation of the MH series.

Also the demo broke the Switch shop yesterday! Which means this thing is going to have absurd sales! Finally there will be a third party game to compete with the sales of the big first party Nintendo games on Switch!

Watching videos of the demo, I think it's safe to say the footage we've gotten so far, which some folks insisted couldn't be running on Switch, was legit; the demo doesn't look blurry or downgraded compared to the trailers.

In fact it looks noticeably better than the footage shown in September; the grass in the shrine ruins field no longer pops in at close proximity to the player.

Even better, looking at multiple video measuring its framerate, it's already running smoother than Monster Hunter World did on base PS4/Xbone.