By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to Acquire Next Level Games

curl-6 said:

This is kinda like marrying your girlfriend of 15 years.

Not a bad move though, Luigi's Mansion 3 was pretty damn good, and it always helps to have more first party studios.

That is the best analogy I've ever heard. Thank you for the laugh, curl.

Now. When are you finally going to pop the question? I'm waiting.

Around the Network

They might as well go and by all the other companies that pretty much work exclusively with them while they're at it. (Intelligent Systems, GREZZO, Good-Feel.)

Nautilus said:
noname2200 said:

I get the impression Platinum would much prefer to stay independent, to the point where they reacquired and published a Nintendo IP, even if their financial stability is questionable. At the very least, Platinum currently has of contracts and commitments with other companies, no?

Yes. They are actively trying to become a publisher now, with buying back Wonderful 101 from Nintendo and publishing themselves and that GAAS game about giant robots being their first Big Games as a publisher.

So, as of now, Platinum is a big no no for acquisition from anyone, really.

Or they going publisher route could backfire on them and make they in need for cash and make opening to be bought by nintendo.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

FloatingWaffles said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Acquire Platinum before they keep making fucking stupid decisions

I'm glad that one of Nintendo's most talented and successful partners is now officially Nintendo

hey I was gonna say they should get platinum next ;_;

Spoiler!
/s
Spoiler!
maybe

I would love Platinum to be under the Ninty banner and I'm not joking. I want Ninty to lock them in for games like Bayonetta and Astral Chain. Maybe even something like Scalebound down the line.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

B6a6es said:
Nautilus said:

Except for Tencent

Tencent lent money, not bought them.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Nintendo should buy Capcom.

DonFerrari said:
Nautilus said:

Yes. They are actively trying to become a publisher now, with buying back Wonderful 101 from Nintendo and publishing themselves and that GAAS game about giant robots being their first Big Games as a publisher.

Or they going publisher route could backfire on them and make they in need for cash and make opening to be bought by nintendo.

Yeah, I do agree with the decent chance of this happening. What I refered to is any kind of acquisition happening ( regarding Platinum) for the next 3 years simply not happening because of this.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Eagle367 said:
FloatingWaffles said:

hey I was gonna say they should get platinum next ;_;

Spoiler!
/s
Spoiler!
maybe

I would love Platinum to be under the Ninty banner and I'm not joking. I want Ninty to lock them in for games like Bayonetta and Astral Chain. Maybe even something like Scalebound down the line.

yeah, I was only semi-joking because I do like them remaining independent, but I have said before I do absolutely think that if Platinum Games were to ever be acquired by anyone the best option would be Nintendo since it seems like they have the best relationship out of all of them, with them funding four of their games, giving kamiya his dream to work on a star fox game, and even letting them take back publishing rights to TW101

it would be a win-win for everyone, platinum gets all the funding to do whatever crazy shit they want and financial security w/ more resources for the games to only get better and it fills a genre Nintendo typically don't fill themselves or get much of on their platforms. i'm sure Nintendo views them as a valuable partner at this point given how they keep going back to work w them so i'd hope that if it ever came to that they would at least offer. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 06 January 2021

Guys - some help please! How do I edit my profile and change my display pic? I have looked using my mobile and on my laptop but I can’t find where to change the details and pic? I’m sorry to hijack this is just driving me mad! Thanks in advance!

Majora said:

Guys - some help please! How do I edit my profile and change my display pic? I have looked using my mobile and on my laptop but I can’t find where to change the details and pic? I’m sorry to hijack this is just driving me mad! Thanks in advance!

hover over your profile picture on the top right where this screen pops up 

click on settings at the bottom right and it will bring you to a screen here

you need to click on the green box to the right and it will show you those options then you go to avatar settings