Sell-through expectations for Switch in 2021?
|Less than 15 million||52||5.36%|
|15.0 - 17.4 million||56||5.77%|
|17.5 - 19.9 million||97||10.00%|
|20.0 - 22.4 million||217||22.37%|
|22.5 - 24.9 million||176||18.14%|
|25.0 - 27.4 million||165||17.01%|
|27.5 - 29.9 million||71||7.32%|
|30.0 - 32.4 million||61||6.29%|
|32.5 - 35.0 million||11||1.13%|
|More than 35 million||64||6.60%|
I expect growth so lets say 35 million
Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar
I think this will actually be the Switch's peak year, not 2020. As such, I think we will see sales somewhere from 30 to 32m.
Somewhere between 23 to 25 million. Joins DS as the only platforms in history to have more than two 20 million years right?
About 22 million. Switch will hit 100 million in Q1 2022.
Lifetime Sales Predictions
Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)
PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 67 million (was 60 million)
PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)
3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)
"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima
30-32.4 million. It will either be Switch's peak year or more or less match FY 2020.
Lower than 2020, still highest Console in 2021 and after that it´ll start the normal decline until the next gen system arrives and be 2nd place until 2024/2025.
Based on this Q's results and the trends we notice in the coming months I think I will make a revision but that's my view as of right now.
- New Horizon, Ring Fit, Monster Hunter Rise will continue to drive the major growth in East Asia
- A very strong line-up of titles that can sell multiple millions across the World with strong WoM for H1 - Bowser's Fury, Momotaro, Sakuna, Olive Town, Rune Factory 5, Bravely Default 2, Stories 2 etc
- unlike last year production & supply chains would not be disrupted by COVID because of the adaption to the new reality and diversification of Nintendo's supply chain
- Summer and fall lineups where we have nothing officially dated, expecting at least two HUGE titles H2(Breath of the Wild 2 & Pokemon)
- Expecting a ton of mid-range efforts from Nintendo, Pokemon(Snap) & 3rd Parties - there will be x2 YOY compared to titles that launched physically on the Switch in 2020
- Switch being the default platform for AA & indies giving it a strong competitive advantage with timed exclusivity for games like Hades, Among Us, SilkSong etc
- Switch Pro and/or pricecut
No, the Wii had two calendar years above 20m. I am unsure about the PS2, it could have had either one or two years above 20m, but we only have Sony's funky shipment data from back then; Sony didn't report sales to retailers, but rather production, so deriving sell-through from Sony's PS2 shipment data includes some additional guesswork.
My bad, I actually meant atleast 3. My wording is just confusing. I have read both Wii and PS2 had atleast two years of 20 and up.