By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Games You've Beaten 2021

Games currently beaten in 2021:

Astro Playroom (PS5)
Doom Eternal (PS4)
Blazing Chrome (Switch)
Panzer Dragoon Remake (Switch)
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)

Playing:

Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4)
Streets of Rage 4 (Switch)
Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection (Switch)

Last edited by JimmyFantasy - on 28 March 2021

Around the Network

Resident Evil 2 Remake (Claire A - standard) - PS4
Super Mario Sunshine (120 shines) - Switch
Tomb Raider III (new game+, all secrets, no medipacks) - PC

Completed:

• Panzer Dragoon Remake (Switch)
  • Psycho Dream (NSO)

Started and not actively playing:

• Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Currently playing, and will probably still be playing until I walk with a cane:

• Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

Replays:
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - 9.5/10
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - 8.5/10
Metroid: Zero Mission - 9.5/10

Finished:
Final Fantasy VII - 8.5/10
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - 8/10
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth - 7/10
Devil May Cry 3 - 8.5/10
Devil May Cry 4 - 7.5/10
Devil May Cry 5 - 10/10
Mega Man & Bass - 8/10
Mega Man Powered Up - 7/10
Mega Man Zero - 8.5/10
Pepsiman - 6/10
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - 9.5/10
Mischief Makers - 8/10

WIP:
Persona 5 Strikers

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Metallox said:

Completed

DOOM 64

DOOM Eternal

FIFA 21 (15-year career as manager)

Zelda Breath of the Wild (100%)

Cuphead

Sonic Mania

Child of Light

Currently playing 

Zelda Breath of the Wild

Next Up

Bravely Default II

Backlog

Final Fantasy X-X2 HD R

Bastion

Transistor 

Hades

Hollow Knight 

Stardew Valley

Enter the Gungeon

DOOM II

DOOM 3

Mighty Switch Force! Collection 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Resident Evil 5 (single player): 4/10. One of the clunkiest inventory systems ever and a badly designed AI partner team up to torture the player.

Freedom Planet: 4/10. Enemies that attack at the speed of light from outside of the screen, moves that bypass the player's post-hit invincibility, plus many smaller issues. I'll take all those free lives in plain sight before the giant snake boss as an apology.

Rival Schools: 8/10. Fun, solid 2D fighting game, aerial combos aside. Highly nostalgic music.

Fight'n Rage: 9/10. The best modern 2D beat'em up money can buy. Made by two people. If it had more than three playable characters...

Final Fight LNS Ultimate: 10/10. The best modern 2D beat'em up is an openbor fangame. Let's take a moment to let that sink in.

Cyber Shadow: 5/10.

Nostalgia isn't a good reason to stick with a 2-button layout. Must waste SP to go through certain areas because there's no way to execute the SP-free version of certain moves until all SP is spent. Post-hit invincibility period is too short and the player can't parry during it. HP and SP upgrades heal Shadow as well, but aren't replaced by items of the same type when the player dies, so dying after picking up the upgrade makes such a section significantly harder. Castlevania deaths and catching the player off-guard are the #1 death sources.

River City Girls: 5/10.

Badly placed boss life bars. Dojo menu lacks information, there's no way to tell if a move is an additional move for the basic combo, a special move or a super. Normal enemies are invincibible after they recover from knockdown, so the battlefield can quickly turn into a minefield. Grappling a dizzy enemy is a noob trap - poor crowd control options and throws don't have invincibility frames.

Shitty hitboxes - Moves often look like they have hit an enemy, but it doesn't happen. Horizontal range of the basic combo moves should increase as the combo goes on (the second attack should have more range than the first, the third than the second, and so on) but that's not always the case.

Poor defensive options - No air recovery, vertical step is too short, blocking is useless when surrounded, no desperation move.

Super Double Dragon: 2/10. Very slow. The game is so broken that anything that isn't a jump kick, weapon attack or tatsumaki is asking to get your butt kicked.

Top Gear: 5/10. Low framerate. The difficulty curve is a rollercoaster: the last two cups are a joke. The pit lane shouldn't be an obstacle on the track. Good music.

Super Mario RPG: 7/10. Short, simple and way less broken than your average Squaresoft RPG. More status info in battles would've been desirable.

Last edited by Player2 - on 23 February 2021

Going to leave the fighting games I'm playing for last.

1. Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk - NS - 3rd Playthrough

2. Disney's Hercules Action Game - PC

3. Touhou Luna Nights - NS - All clear

4. Sengoku 3 - NS

Castlevania Anniversary Collection - NS :

5. Castlevania (Replay)

6. Akumajou Densetsu

7. Super Castlevania IV (Replay)

8. Castlevania Bloodlines

9. SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated - NS

10. Bowser's Fury - NS

SNK 40th Anniversary Collection - NS :

11. Psycho Soldier

12 - 16. Metal Slug, X, 3, 4, and 5 - NS - All Replays

Turns out I can add Ratchet: Deadlocked to my list...which is weird because I had beaten it before but on PS2. This time it was on PS3 and I got the platinum trophy. Also, holy hell I forgot how fun Ratchet & Clank games are! That was so much carnage and chaos and pure fun! I absolutely loved that game and it was one of the weakest in the franchise.

I am having a hard time syncing with the PSN for trophies. I got 100% on Deadlocked, but it's not syncing with PSN so it's only showing 28% on my PS4/5. Any idea how to fix that? Also, my next game is Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Again, I am just returning to the franchise in anticipation of Rift Apart. Rivet is an absolute gem. As a furry I've already got a crush on that female lombax.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

derpysquirtle64 said:

2021 completions:

1. Devil May Cry V: Special Edition (Xbox Series X) - Nero/Dante/V mode + Vergil mode
  2. Doom (1993) (Xbox Series X)
  3. R-Type (Switch)
  4. R-Type II (Switch)
  5. Cyberpunk 2077 (Xbox Series X)
  6. Doom II (Xbox Series X) - Main + Master Levels
  7. Cyber Shadow (Xbox Series X) - 100% collectibles

2020 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9092024

2019 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8950250

2018 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8950254

+ 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4) - Platinum Trophy

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Haven't beaten anything yet.

Games I'm currently trying to beat for the first time:

Cuphead
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Celeste

Games I'm currently trying to beat again:

Breath of the Wild
Mike Tyson's Punch Out

Ok, I've beaten a few of these games.  I'm going to try to give some kind of review of the games as I beat them.  Here is one game I beat for the first time, Cuphead, and an old favorite I replayed and beat again: Freedom Force.

Cuphead (Switch)
Visuals (10/10) - Cuphead is the most visually exciting game I've seen in a very long time.  I feel like I am playing in an old time cartoon.  Not only does the game look great, but it adds to the overall fun feeling and immersion of the game.
Music/Audio (8/10) - The opening theme to Cuphead is extremely catchy and I love it.  The rest of the audio is nice and functional and I have no complaints, but I don't find exceptional either.
Controls/Interface (8/10) - The controls on Cuphead are fun and responsive.  It is fun to jump, parry, shoot and so on.  The main complaint I have is (and this is common with modern action games), is that it requires the use of too many buttons.  You need split second timing to play a game like this, and it can take a while to fully learn the controls without accidentally pressing the wrong button.
Challenge (9/10) - Cuphead is an extremely challenging game and that is what I like.  It also has a nice challenge curve in that the bosses do get gradually harder as you progress through the game.  However, I might say that Cuphead is a little too much on the challenging side even for me.  Even the easiest boss on the normal setting is pretty tough when you first start playing.  My overall philosophy though is that it is better for a game to be too hard than too easy, so I still give this a high score.
Content (19/20) - Cuphead is great because it made me feel like I'm in a classic 30s-40s era cartoon.  I'd even say that this is the main draw of Cuphead.  It's not just that it looks like a cartoon, but at every moment of the game, I feel like I am in a cartoon.  Each stage is like traveling to a whole new environment with a funny and interesting boss.  This sort of thing makes Cuphead feel interesting and unique.  I couldn't wait to see what other kinds of bosses I would encounter in the game.  There is also enough here to keep a person entertained for a very long time.  A lot of that has to do with the game's extreme challenge, but it still feels like the game has a lot of content and high quality content at that.
Gameplay (16/20) - The gameplay is a modern take on a run 'n gun (like Contra), but some of the stages are like a shmup instead.  The main new thing here is that most stages focus on bossfights.  The gameplay is fun and well executed, but it doesn't feel revolutionary.
Fun (16/20) - Overall, Cuphead is a really fun game to experience.  A lot of that comes from the feeling of playing in a cartoon.  Cuphead, Mugman and all of the bosses and creatures you encounter have a lot of charm and personality.  The game world is also fun to maneuver around in.  The main thing that detracts from the fun is the extreme challenge of the game.  That can make it frustrating.  

Final Score: 86/100

For older games I provide two scores: one for then (when the game was new) and one for now (what it feels like to play it today).  I also give older games bonus points to their now score (from 1 to 5) based on how historically important they are or how unique they are.

Freedom Force 
(PC)
This is a real time tactical RPG where you control a team of super heroes.

Visuals (T 9; N 6) - Freedom Force looked great back in the day, but by now the visuals look dated.
Music/Audio (T 7; N 7) - The music and audio are nice, but was never anything exceptional.
Controls/Interface (T 8; N 8) - One of the nicest things about Freedom Force is how the interface encourages you to interact with the environment, and that is where the game really shines.  However, the real-time tactical gameplay does need to be paused and unpaused very frequently and this can detract from the overall experience, especially when you are first learning the game.
Challenge (T 9; N 9) - This game has a lot of challenge settings, and yet I've always played on normal and the challenge still feels right.  That is pretty amazing to me.  I only rank it 9 instead of 10, because the beginning of the game is a bit on the hard side and the end is a bit on the easy side.
Content (T 20; N 20) - Freedom Force is really the first super hero game (especially for the home) that ever felt like it got the genre right.  On top of that it is a huge love letter to Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.  I am not aware of any other game out there with a 1960's comic book vibe to it.  The content of this game is so interesting and so unique, that if you want this kind of experience, then this is really the only game to come to.  (Either that or the sequel, but this game is better.)  On top of all of this, there has been a lot of really great fan made content for this game.  When you factor that in, it feels like this game has all of it's original content, plus the entire Marvel and DC universes crammed inside.  This game is truly bursting with content.
Gameplay (T 20; N 20) - The gameplay in Freedom Force is amazing.  Just about every kind of super power imaginable is represented: flying, wall crawling, lasers, cloning, anti-gravity, etc....  However, super strength may be the most fun power of all, because you can fully interact with every part of the city.  You can tear up a lamppost and hit someone with it.  If you are careless enough you might even start knocking down buildings.  Then you can pick up the rubble and throw it at someone.  The game's roster is huge, each character has it's own unique set of powers, and so there are so many ways that you can play through this game.  It has tremendous replay value and is so much fun each time.
Fun (T 20; N 20) - Freedom Force is pure fun.  It feels like I am getting out all of my superhero toys to smash a bunch of stuff.  The developers created huge portions of the city and then I get to knock it all down if I want, or save the citizens or some combination of the two.
Historical/Uniqueness value (+5) - This game gets the maximum points here for uniqueness.  If I want a 60's comic book experience, where do I come?  Only here.  If I want a super hero tactics game, where do I come?  Only here.  If I want the game with the most type of super powers represented where do I come?  Right here.  And if I want an environment where I can smash up buildings and use almost everything as a weapon then where do I come?  Only here.  This was the first really great super hero game, and in many ways it still hasn't been topped nor has anyone even attempted to do so.

Final Score:  93/100  Then
                   95/100  Now