By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Dec 6-12 - Switch Leads Strong Week as Sales Climb

Wasn't expecting this today, very nice surprise, thanks trunks.

Switch at 24.8 million YTD; by VGChartz reckoning are there two weeks left for the year, or does the week ending January 2nd count towards 2020?

Around the Network

Switch tops Wii 08 for best year for any console (VGC #s) with 2 or 3 weeks still to go. Still behind NDS 07-09, currently could catch 09 but not likely for 07 and 08. But actual numbers from Nintendo maybe boost Dec higher than VGC tracking - we'll find out in Feb.

trunkswd said:
mk7sx said:

Switch tops Wii 08 for best year for any console (VGC #s) with 2 or 3 weeks still to go. Still behind NDS 07-09, currently could catch 09 but not likely for 07 and 08. But actual numbers from Nintendo maybe boost Dec higher than VGC tracking - we'll find out in Feb.

Very possible adjustments could happen in the future as we always do them as we get more data. 

@trunkswd on average, how many weeks after the initial estimates are you able to make revisions? 

Like @trunkswd mentioned, this is probably highlighting  that Sony decided to focus completely on the production of the PS5 and it is basically leaving PS4 stranded on an island. This seems like it is going to greatly cut the legs out of the PS4. That's very unfortunate.

What the site decides for 2020 when it comes to 52 or 53 weeks I have no idea until I get it posted as it is all automated. But I would think it would be a 53 week year as 2008 and 2013 were 53 week years for us with the last week ending in January. 

The next quarterly report from Nintendo will settle the Switch' total sales for the year.  So whether 2020 has 52 or 53 weeks will become irrelevant, right?

Around the Network

Anyone has Wii best single weeks on record?

Nintendo ending the worst year ever with a BANG!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

SilenceDeadly said:

Anyone has Wii best single weeks on record?

Hi @SilenceDeadly  I believe it was:1,823,190 sold on 12/26/2009.

trunkswd said:

I can go back as far as I want to make adjustments to our estimates. I can only go back to the 7th generation as we didn't start weekly estimates until that generation. I have no way of editing older sales for the Platform Total page, but there are plans to add an edit button to those figures sometime in the future. Right now we only have one main developer and there is a lot we want to get done. 

Thanks @trunkswd for your answer. My question was geared towards on average how many weeks or months does it take for you to receive new data that allows you to make a revision. Is it only when you get Official nintendo reports or is it sooner than that.

Last edited by Kristof81 - on 23 December 2020