By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best looking Switch game, end of 2020 edition

It's still Luigi's Mansion 3 easily imo

Around the Network

For me, it's still gotta be Trine 4, for its luscious lighting, beautiful colours, and fantastical architecture.

Honourable mentions go out to Luigi's Mansion 3, (almost looks like CGI) Ori and the Will of the Wisps, (gorgeous marriage of evocative art with subtle but brilliant technology) and Mario Odyssey. (Vibrant and eye-catching at a silky 60fps)

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Honourable mentions go out to Ori and the Will of the Wisps, (gorgeous marriage of evocative art with subtle but brilliant technology) 

You've played it?

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Honourable mentions go out to Ori and the Will of the Wisps, (gorgeous marriage of evocative art with subtle but brilliant technology) 

You've played it?

The intro, just out of curiosity, plus seen plenty of footage of it. Gorgeous game.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Probably Super Mario Odyssey. 60 FPS with a gorgeous art style and up to 900p resolution in docked mode.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is fantastic too. There's better resolution and a frame rate upgrade from the Wii U original.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Other games I'd give a mention: Yoshi's Crafted World, FAST RMX, Outlast II, Alien Isolation, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Asphalt 9, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

You've played it?

The intro, just out of curiosity, plus seen plenty of footage of it. Gorgeous game.

I have it on PC, Xbox and Switch.

I am actually pretty damn impressed with how it looks and plays on the Switch, it's a port done absolute right and a testament to the developers.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
curl-6 said:

I have it on PC, Xbox and Switch.

I am actually pretty damn impressed with how it looks and plays on the Switch, it's a port done absolute right and a testament to the developers.

Yeah it's an incredible port, one of the best on the system.

Apparently early on it ran at 24fps on Switch even with heavily downgraded visuals. The fact that they not only got it up to 60 but managed to get it looking damn close to the Xbox version is a remarkable feat.

My list but there's so many more to talk about of course ^^

MK8DX

BOTW (I'm expecting BOTW 2 to be even better looking since it'll be native to the Switch this time)

Luigi's Mansion 3

Yoshi's Crafted World (It's 60 fps in gameplay which is almost mind boggling)

Doom + Eternal (momumental feat)

Both Ori games

Cuphead

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 : Torna the Golden Country

Crysis 3 remastered

Astral Chain

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Yoshi's Crafted World (It's 60 fps in gameplay which is almost mind boggling)

Doom + Eternal (momumental feat)

I always find it surprising that hardly anyone gives Crafted World a shoutout in these threads when it looks as nice as it does and is 60fps to boot.

And while I wouldn't personally call Doom Eternal one of the best looking per se as the cutbacks are evident, it's probably the single most astounding achievement in Switch porting to date in my opinion, in how well they preserved the experience of a high end AAA PS4 game on a mobile device.

Mar1217 said:

Crysis 3 remastered

Funny, I hadn't heard they'd remastered Crysis 3 for Switch. :P

I kid, I know what you mean, and yeah especially with the graphical upgrades added post-launch it's a stunner.