By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Athia is a PS5 console exclusive (Will come out on PC day 1 but on other platforms in 24 months)

Tagged games:

Which platform will you be getting Project Athia on?

Playstation 5 35 59.32%

PC 13 22.03%

Waiting for other platforms 11 18.64%

Total:59
eva01beserk said:

Thats a hell of a long time. Might as well not release at all, game would have lost all relevance by then. Unless is going straight to gamepass as I see nobody buying that on xbox after so long.

OP. PS5 for me. Very rarely do I wait on games like that. If its a game I know I would like or seems interesting I will buy day one, even if you tell me better version is coming later or cheaper or complete. Only exceptions I have made have been turn base rpgs coming late for switch. DQ11 seems pointless to play in HD on ps4pro so I waiting for the switch.

Well I usually wait even longer than 2 years to buy on very discounted prices, the game needs to be outstanding for me to pay full or even 50% full price.

Azzanation said:
ice said:

Does it matter if it was announced? FFXVI, FFVII, and this would certainly be multiplat. I’m not even coming at your precious Sony, my point was that SE has shown time and time again to put money over their consumers. I don’t blame MS and Sony for trying to make their platforms appealing. Only if everyone showed  a fraction of the outrage that Rise of the Tomb Raider got maybe these deals with big publishers wouldn’t be as common. 

Whats even funnier or worse, depends which way you look at it, is when Rise came out, every one blew a gasket, than shortly after SFV was announced as a FULL exclusive and everyone was perfectly fine with it. Even went on the defence claiming that SFV wouldnt exist if Sony didnt give them money, the same logic which applied for Rise to release and only for a Timed deal.

Crazy that a stolen Timed game is worse than a stolen Permanent game. 

#The Console community.

Nope, the problem in Risen besides being a stablished franchise that was almost finished as a multiplat and got poached was mainly MS marketing trying to hide it was temporary and not allowing dev to say for how long.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

No way around it, that’s a dirty and aggressive deal. Just buy Square and make it all legit, because 3rd party exclusive deals should be no more then 6 months imo.

The gaming media also showing their true colors, I haven’t seen any outlet criticizing this.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ice said:
thismeintiel said:

I'd say there's a pretty big difference. This is a new IP that was never announced as multiplat, but will launch on PC. Rise of the Tomb Raider was announced as multiplat and the first one sold the most on the PS3/PS4. It was snatched up by MS so they would have something to compete against PS4 and Uncharted. And a PC version wasn't released til months later. 

Does it matter if it was announced? FFXVI, FFVII, and this would certainly be multiplat. I’m not even coming at your precious Sony, my point was that SE has shown time and time again to put money over their consumers. I don’t blame MS and Sony for trying to make their platforms appealing. Only if everyone showed  a fraction of the outrage that Rise of the Tomb Raider got maybe these deals with big publishers wouldn’t be as common. 

Of course it matters if it was announced as a multiplat first. You trying to stretch the mental gymnastics so it doesn't shows your own bias. It's why no one is pissed at The Medium or Scorn being timed exclusives for XSX. They're new IP, but, more importantly, they were announced as timed exclusives. I'll have to go into the threads for those games and see if you railed against MS/publishers for those. And precious Sony? Lol, good one.

Azzanation said:
ice said:

Whats even funnier or worse, depends which way you look at it, is when Rise came out, every one blew a gasket, than shortly after SFV was announced as a FULL exclusive and everyone was perfectly fine with it. Even went on the defence claiming that SFV wouldnt exist if Sony didnt give them money, the same logic which applied for Rise to release and only for a Timed deal.

#The Console community.

It wasn't some theory gamers came up with. Capcom said as much. Capcom, at the time, wasn't doing well. Sony stepped in and helped fund and develop SFV. Now, it's your prerogative if you wish to call them liars or not. It's why Bayonetta is now Nintendo exclusive. And while people would like that to be multiplat, it's understandable why it's not.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Azzanation said:

#The Console community.

Uh, you mean #ConsoleWarriorCommunity. Not all console users give a crap about either of those exclusive deals. But since you brought up Rise, the funniest part about that whole ordeal to me was when PS users across the Internet’s would complain because Tomb Raider shouldn’t get a timed exclusive deal, it’s a franchise associated with PlayStation. But they ignored that the only reason it’s associated with PlayStation is because of a timed exclusive deal in the 90’s lol

I can’t imagine a majority of Xbox users giving a shit about this game though, and certainly not to the extent we saw with Rise. Who knows when this is even coming out. X|S users could be deep into exclusive Starfield and TES6 by then.

Man, good point. Well...except for the fact that the OG TR launched on Saturn first. Then launched on PS1 and PC afterwards, seeing the vast majority of sales there. By the time the sequel came out the Saturn's fate was etched in stone. And every entry after that launched on PS1 and PC on the same day.

People need to just accept that the vast majority of third party exclusives on PS1 were not because Sony was moneyhatting games. It was a combination of being the first popular disc-based console, which meant CG cutscenes, larger worlds, and better music, and also Nintendo's poor third party policies. But, as soon as more disc-based consoles were launched, miraculously Tomb Raider went full multiplat, even though Sony had way more money to do these supposed exclusive deals.

Why would Sony spend money to time exclusive something that is completely unproven? Could be a pile of crap?

Maybe there's more to it than splashin cash like they are helping with dev?

Hmm, pie.

thismeintiel said:
ice said:

Of course it matters if it was announced as a multiplat first. You trying to stretch the mental gymnastics so it doesn't shows your own bias. It's why no one is pissed at The Medium or Scorn being timed exclusives for XSX. They're new IP, but, more importantly, they were announced as timed exclusives. I'll have to go into the threads for those games and see if you railed against MS/publishers for those. And precious Sony? Lol, good one.

Azzanation said:

#The Console community.

It wasn't some theory gamers came up with. Capcom said as much. Capcom, at the time, wasn't doing well. Sony stepped in and helped fund and develop SFV. Now, it's your prerogative if you wish to call them liars or not. It's why Bayonetta is now Nintendo exclusive. And while people would like that to be multiplat, it's understandable why it's not.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Uh, you mean #ConsoleWarriorCommunity. Not all console users give a crap about either of those exclusive deals. But since you brought up Rise, the funniest part about that whole ordeal to me was when PS users across the Internet’s would complain because Tomb Raider shouldn’t get a timed exclusive deal, it’s a franchise associated with PlayStation. But they ignored that the only reason it’s associated with PlayStation is because of a timed exclusive deal in the 90’s lol

I can’t imagine a majority of Xbox users giving a shit about this game though, and certainly not to the extent we saw with Rise. Who knows when this is even coming out. X|S users could be deep into exclusive Starfield and TES6 by then.

Man, good point. Well...except for the fact that the OG TR launched on Saturn first. Then launched on PS1 and PC afterwards, seeing the vast majority of sales there. By the time the sequel came out the Saturn's fate was etched in stone. And every entry after that launched on PS1 and PC on the same day.

People need to just accept that the vast majority of third party exclusives on PS1 were not because Sony was moneyhatting games. It was a combination of being the first popular disc-based console, which meant CG cutscenes, larger worlds, and better music, and also Nintendo's poor third party policies. But, as soon as more disc-based consoles were launched, miraculously Tomb Raider went full multiplat, even though Sony had way more money to do these supposed exclusive deals.

Also it is good that his memory for when Sony bought exclusivity for a title 20 years ago is good and relevant, but for whatever MS does it only matters the last couple months.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

No way around it, that’s a dirty and aggressive deal. Just buy Square and make it all legit, because 3rd party exclusive deals should be no more then 6 months imo.

The gaming media also showing their true colors, I haven’t seen any outlet criticizing this.

When was the last time gaming media criticized timed exclusivity? 

Did they do it for Phantasy Star Online 2 exclusively launching on Xbox in the west despite the fact that the game began as a PC/Playstation 4/PSVita title in Japan?

I look forward to seeing more of it and what the Engine can do on more powerful hardware but it was clearly too early to reveal it. Teaser trailers should inspire excitment but this was just all over the place with no real identity or premise. I suspect we'll see this after FFXVI and VII part 2.

twintail said:

Would you prefer Sony snagged The Evil Within 3 instead? With a new IP is there is little room to get up in arms over it. There's no personal investment from any gamer in a new IP.

or the game was having development issues. 

No, I'd prefer any publisher to spend money on their own games and development of said products. Building and investing in studios, people and supporting the industry.

But I guess paying for them instead is all the rage right now.

Hmm, pie.

Otter said:

When was the last time gaming media criticized timed exclusivity? 

There was a certain amount of fuss over Rise of the Tomb Raider, of course the excuse put forward by SquEnix/Crystal Dynamics wasn't exactly great and the game being a PS/PC title for 20 years prior didn't help. 

twintail said:

It doesn't have to be an either or scenario. both can be done concurrently like we are seeing. 

No, true. But I would prefer it that way, SquEnix are not a poor company, not like they need the money to complete development. I'd rather the money be invested internally into new studios and jobs, instead of paying people off. I mean can you imagine how many studios and games you could create with 7 billion? How many jobs?

Hmm, pie.

twintail said:
sales2099 said:

lol get over it.

whether its a timed exclusivity deal, or straight up buying the developer, the result is the same: content that is exclusive to your platform.

No outlets are criticising it because the straight up hypocrisy of supporting MS buying Bethesda etc is just too stupid to lose your reputation over. 

The Fury said:

Why would Sony spend money to time exclusive something that is completely unproven? Could be a pile of crap?

Maybe there's more to it than splashin cash like they are helping with dev?

Would you prefer Sony snagged The Evil Within 3 instead? With a new IP is there is little room to get up in arms over it. There's no personal investment from any gamer in a new IP.

or the game was having development issues. 

The news is pretty fresh. Lol “get over it”....I hope people keep that same energy for when Starfield is Xbox exclusive. 

There is I distinct difference between a 1st party dev keeping a game to the one console vs a 3rd party dev that is expected to release on multiple platforms. 2 years is overkill

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.