By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 Review Thread | 83 OC, 87 Meta

Predict which range Cyberpunk's meta score will fall in?

98-100 4 4.94%

95-97 5 6.17%

92-94 28 34.57%

89-91 21 25.93%

86-88 9 11.11%

83-85 5 6.17%

80-82 3 3.70%

Less than 80 6 7.41%

Undecided 0 0%

Total:81

Paid for it and installed it on my X on Friday. Can’t wait. I expect reviews to be low 90’s.

Can’t believe it’s not eligible for GOTY. Could end up being a sham.

Around the Network

Because this feels reminiscent of the MGSV review boot camp situation, I'm gonna predict in the mid-90s (upper since it's split in the poll).

Even though there was the internet outrage over MGSV followed by many saying it didin't live up to those early reviews, I actually loved that game. My second favourite in the series behind MGS3. In contrast, I think MGS4 actually aged poorly and is probably remembered better than it deserves to be, likewise and even moreso with MGS2.

Just my opinions of course, but all that to say you shouldn't jump on some opinion-bandwagon as a knee-jerk response to unusual circumstances.

Edit: I should add that's my review embargo day prediction. Won't be surprised if it's much lower over time.

91 is my prediction.
Also from what I've seen on Twitter and Reddit the PS5 and Series X versions do have some optimization like the 60fps mode and more population density but next year they will add more optimization for these next gen consoles.
Really looking forward to this game next week, especially now knowing that it's 60fps on the Series X.

I'm going for 89.

I'm still gutted it's a first person shooter as I just don't like that genre, it's so bland and get way to repetitive. I also still find it so ironic that they've created the most in depth character creation ever made and the game is a First Person view. However theres a lot of hype and CDPR do know what they're doing.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Voted 89-91. I have no doubt the game will be good and probably has a potential to end up in mid-90s. But performance issues will most likely drag it down.

Around the Network

I'd laugh hard if it turns out to be a dud (below 80). Indeed i hope so.

Hunting Season is done...

Should be a low to mid 90's score, probably a GOTY contender for 2021 along with Horizon and whatever Nintendo is releasing 2021.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Should be a 90+ game on scope, depth and ambition alone, unless it has some rather huge issues. I can see a mid 90's score, there will be technical issues though; it's an open-world RPG after all.

Ka-pi96 said:
twintail said:

all awards have a cut off date that would have been decided months ago . Constant delays stopped Cyberpunk. It is what it is.

Also I expect High 80s

Any GOTY awards that have a cut-off date before the 31st December aren't true GOTY awards.

But hey, the only one I really care about is my personal GOTY anyway, and it's definitely eligible for that!

Exactly. Not a big deal though, these awards are voted on by the same people who sang praises for Avengers for months before it released. 

Gamespot gave it a 7